• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Civil Unions...now for everyone...

This is a great idea, thank you very much!!!

B

"I think (but may be wrong) that a trust can provide group insurance for its members, just as a LLC can do."

If not you could still have the trust in place and form the LLC strictly for insurance purposes...

I am wondering if a trust could be made up of two or more separate families? An example might be where several families set up a unique trust for insurance purposes. In that scenario, a group such as BF could possibly offer group insurance.

Isn't this the way AARP works?

Doc

Thinking back to insurance school I do believe that was discussed. A religious group or organization or company can obtain group insurance rates.

doc wrote:
I am wondering if a trust could be made up of two or more separate families?
It is my understanding that a trust is simply an artificial entity created by contract and can include any number of individuals, families, LLCs, corporations, other trusts, etc., as members. So yes, two or more families could form a trust and the trust can "do" whatever a trust does for its members.

Wonder if the group rate (whether through a trust or LLC) could be extended beyond health insurance to home, auto, etc.? My guess would be that it can.

Might be a good way to get around the Social inSecurity problems that many of us who are approaching retirement age are facing, too. In addition to the world's biggest Ponzi scam being bankrupt, if my woman and I follow our conscience and get a legal divorce (NOT a "get" or "bill of divorcement," but strictly a secular legal thing) in order to opt out of the world's corrupt "marriage" system and live according to Biblical Family Values, and then one of us should die (which probably won't happen if Harold Camping is right this time :lol: ) the survivor would not be able to get any benefits from the (former legal) spouse's SS account. Plus, we will no longer be able to fill out our income confiscation forms with the Infernal Revenue disService as "married, filing jointly." (At our income level...so what!)

Maybe a trust can get group rates for term life, which would help alleviate the retirement/death of the partner problem.

Of course, like any retirement program, something like that works better the earlier in life you start it.

Dr. K.R. Allen said:
Thinking back to insurance school I do believe that was discussed. A religious group or organization or company can obtain group insurance rates.
I know that a Baptist Association offers its members insurance like that to individuals.

Jim said:
Dr. K.R. Allen said:
I know that a Baptist Association offers its members insurance like that to individuals.

As I recall I can opt into the mmbb minister, missionary befi board I can opt into some insurance that is overpriced. I have not really looked into that as I only have a little bit of retirement in their and I. Am a few years awY from retirement and the ponzi scheme

Back