• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Color of hair

Allthingscometolight

Real Person
Male
This is off topic a little, while I was driving I was wondering what color of hair color do you prefer on a lady. I personally prefer red. But I have been attracted to the other hair colors...does it matter....your opinion

No matter what the world teaches, grey is a color of achievement.

No matter what the world teaches, grey is a color of achievement.
I know this post is about the women folk BUT, I have a loooooong way to go:p
:cool:;)

I know this post is about the women folk BUT, I have a loooooong way to go:p
:cool:;)
You are the balance to the guys who haven’t achieved anything other than marking time. 😉

We had a saying in the cabinet business, “Some guys have ten years of experience, some guys have had one year of experience ten times.”

Like others have said, I prefer long hair too. As far as hair color, I’m naturally drawn to blonde and red, though I’ve never seen a hair color that would override other things. :) I do think very light silver is far underrated, as it looks almost like blonde to me. More women need to just let their hair change as it is intended. The perpetual coloring of hair creates unrealistic expectations that everyone keeps trying to meet.

Natural as well!

By the way, while we're at it, is there anyone else here besides the Torah-bros that severely dislikes the sideshave hair style?
Where I am currently located the shaved sides on women's hair indicates a preference for other girls. So culturally it's not desirable among the saints.

In my personal and humble opinion, a side shave in women and dyed hair usually indicate a rebellious and an obstinate heart.
If a man likes his woman with dyed hair, that's his desire. I don't judge or look down on them because if that's his preference, then he has the authority to allow or deny such actions.

I hesitate to reply, but the question turns out to be more serious than I thought. Pretty much no guy I know would begin looking for a car based on, "What color is it?" Most of us would take an avocado green Corvette, Ford Mustang, or Dodge Charger over a cherry red Pacer, or a Pinto. Even more, if you find a car that might be nice you are more interested in its condition and how it's been taken care of. There are plenty that have a pristine body and nice interior as a cover for something much less nice. I don't want to press the metaphor too far . . . only to say that I think most of us don't really mind the color as more as substantial issues.

Ultimately, if we're living right. . . there aren't any dark haired, brunette, red-heads or blonds. There is only silver hair . . . because we want to live together that long. Everything else is pretty temporary.

Like everyone else said "long", and nothing stupid like shaved sides, or non-human colors (like blue, purple, green, or pink).

My preference has always been dark brown to black. More recently, I have also really begun to appreciate red, and blonde too. Gray is also wonderful in time.

Pretty much no guy I know would begin looking for a car based on, "What color is it?"
Which is why I hadn't bothered replying to this thread. I really don't care what her true hair colour is.
Clothing and hair dye that indicates weirdness is another matter - they are a personality issue not a physical one, so aren't really the same topic. The true physical hair colour is something that doesn't really enter my thinking.

@Bartato - I used to oppose any hair dye. Again, for non-superficial reasons: It felt deceitful and more to the point, like a concession to a youth obsessed culture. More pointedly, "is she dying her hair for me?" or similarly, "is she dying her hair because she feels 'too old' or 'not attractive enough' in some sense? For this reason, I am still heavily opposed to colors that are otherwise "natural." I have tried to tell the girls that I (honestly) love their silver hair. . . and that they get more and not less beautiful with age.
This is the ironic thing about "unnatural" colors. They don't "cover" silver . . . they make silver the celebration and the fireworks display that it actually is. If the girls dye their hair, they are NOT trying to cling to youth (as in our culture), and even my younger wife looks forward to more silver. As to underlying character issues or "being weird" . . . I'm afraid I've seen what normal looks like in our culture . . . and "weird" looks better every day.

I agree with the consensus. I prefer natural color and length, however I don't mind if she wants to experiment with shorter hair styles. I just prefer longer hair and there's just something about, that messy up-swept bun look, with the neck showing, on a long haired woman. I agree with most that hair dye could show signs of something else underlying the reasons in today's world, depending on the colors. The same way I prefer all natural colors, I also prefer no make-up. If she wants to make herself up, I don't mind, but I prefer the natural look in all ways.

In 1 Enoch 8, we read, "(1.) And Azāzźl taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals of the earth and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all (2.) colouring tinctures. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they (3.) were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways." ... And we see here what the writer tells us happened as a result. It's the same thing we see happening today, truly 'there is nothing new under the sun' (Ecc 1:9).

I just prefer longer hair and there's just something about, that messy up-swept bun look, with the neck showing, on a long haired woman.
Ok now, lets keep it PG! Spelling out something like this that gets a man’s blood pumping just isn’t nice!

To be fair it could be because I’m away from home on a work trip.

Brace yourself @CatieF, I’ll be home tomorrow!

Back