• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Concussion

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
Samuel ( FollowingHim ) managed to hit his head pretty hard and now has a concussion. He's pretty much confined to bed at the moment and not showing a lot of signs of improvement. I know we'd all love some prayer, that Samuel would get better quickly (this could take weeks), and that the kids and I would be alright without our big strong man doing the heavy lifting. I'm pregnant so I have to be careful too.

And if you could all continue to behave yourselves as you have been that would be awesome, because moderating a forum at the moment is going to be using up way too much brain power.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Let him know I'll be praying for him.

@FollowingHim2 Thank you for sharing with us so we can be in prayer. @FollowingHim - May you be provided expedient healing. You and your family are in my prayers.

One week on I am improving. I can walk around without getting dizzy and managed to do a few hours of non-physical work yesterday and today. Still have a headache. I found today that driving with a manual transmission takes more concentration than usual, I'll use an automatic if I must drive tomorrow! So my brain's working fine if I stick to doing one thing at a time and don't challenge it with too much multitasking. I am ignoring most discussion on here (70 unread posts! You're very busy!) to focus on doing the bare minimum to keep my business ticking over, since I work for myself and can't just take sick leave. I appreciate everyone's prayers. By next week I expect to be close to normal.

I did this by standing up underneath a sheetmetal box fixed to the wall of our house, and catching the corner hard just above my ear.

OUCH! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better, Samuel, and I hope that you find yourself fully restored to health soon.

Blessing to you and your family, Samuel, and all praise to our gracious God that you are continuing to recover.

Hope you are 100% super soon.

How are you doing, Samuel? Has the dizziness stopped or at least slowed? And are you without headache now?

I went downhill again a couple of days after my last update through overworking myself, but am improving again. If I take a couple of decent rests during the day and avoid physical work I am basically ok, and have been busy with meetings etc. But I am more forgetful than usual, and even light physical activity or standing for too long brings back a cloudy head and a mild pulsing headache. So I am recovering gradually but it may still take some time to be back to normal.

I am not keeping up with the discussion here but am around, if anything needs my attention just report it or send me a private message and I'll sort it out.

Thanks for the update. You're in my prayers. May recovery continue and be fully present soon.

My concussion's back this week causing me serious problems with concentration particularly when it involves computer screens, so I'm just not managing to get on here at all, what with resting and trying to keep on top of work. Would appreciate prayer. I thought this was sorted, clearly it takes longer than I had expected.
I'm behind on a tonne of conversations here both private and public, thought I better say if you're waiting for a response from me it will come, eventually... Thanks.

Praying for you brother.
Have you tried f.lux? Free program works wonders with the screens. I don't know if it helps with concussion issues but my eyes always used to hurt from screen time now they never do as long as I'm using this. I recommen the "Himalayan salt lamp" mode.

Shalom u'v'rakhot

Praying, my brother.

Back