• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Confession

Doc

Real Person
Okay, I have a confession to make. I admit that even though I have been involved with the BF ministry now going on nearly five(!) years, I never really seriously considered, other than in a fleeting thought, that I would actually be considering a plural lifestyle.

First, although it took a while, I had settled in my heart that singleness just wasn't that bad. And it wasn't. It gave me the opportunity to take care of the things that needed to be taken care of, and enabled me to get my 'stuff' together.

Then, when I really wasn't trying to find it, because I had busied myself to doing the work of missions in Korea, I found love. And I found it in someone that knew about my beliefs regarding marriage. I was happy with the thought of being in a monogamous relationship but believing in the possibility, though remote, of plural marriage.

Recently, though, I have become a very dangerous individual. I have found myself striking up conversations with some different girls that I never would have before, and actually generating genuine interest in both directions. In several instances, I have actually explained my beliefs in plural marriage. Surprisingly, I have seen positive response.

Let me clarify: I am not actively seeking another relationship. It is still too early in my current relationship to even consider anything beyond that one at this time. My personal beliefs are that a new relationship needs to mature at least a year or two before even considering anything else. At least, that is what I have been telling others, lol.

But, as I said, I have become dangerous. I have become unafraid.

I like this feeling. This is new for me.

For the first time, I can actually see myself in a plural relationship.

Honestly, I did not think that I had room in my heart to consider anything beyond a monogamous relationship. I hate to say that to all my friends that know me well, but it is the truth. I kept making excuses about finances, emotional commitment, spiritual leadership, etc, and not really dealing with the issue of whether or not the plural lifestyle was for me.

Now, I know that in my heart, there is room for more. I know that I can love more than one.

Does that mean I will? Honestly, I don't know the answer to that. I know that if I did pursue an additional relationship, that I would have to take into consideration all the advice that has been so immensely dispensed on these forums.

But something has changed in me. I don't know how it happened, or exactly when, but something has definitely changed.

I am no longer monogamy-minded. The spell has finally been broken.

Doc

Thankyou for this Doc. This helps to reinforce the fact that you do not have to be seeking PM to support it in others - your work with this ministry for the past few years is clear evidence of that. It will be very interesting to see what God does in your life into the future.

A true understanding of your potential as a Godly patriarch, when used properly, IS dangerous. It's why the world, and the Enemy, hate it so much. What is worse than a giving, providing, loving head, a model of God's own love for His own. Drawing others in need to himself.

It's also why it's so important not to use this potential improperly - as too many strong men have, as we've seen too often: sowing destruction and loss in their wake. (I've no fears that Doc will use his new found 'danger' this way!)

images

Perfect LOVE displaces & casts out Fear.

Must be LOVE has been at work in you even more than usual of late. :lol:

aphesis paraptoma said:
maybe the Lord does have a sense of humour by starting with mia, the first LOL.
Ya gotta watch out for those Pentecostal pastors. They tend to take the scriptures soooooooo literally! "The Bishop must be the husband of Mia wife..." :lol:

doc,
as Harold Hill said about the infilling of the holy spirit:
you have been tampered with.

and i would hasten to add that "Normal" is a town in Illinois where other people live.

Back