• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Could the Woman At The Well be in concubine relationship?

Re: Could the Woman At The Well be in concubine relationship

Incidentally, if you want to know what she looked like, we are fortunate that Hendrick Goltzius managed to figure that out over 2000 years after she died and paint this I am sure entirely accurate painting of the incident around 1600AD, which shows she was most definitely a white European woman, who liked to saunter around with almost no clothes on, and that Darius liked to shave his beard but wear a handlebar mustache. I present a classic painting of Darius's concubine (after the link so anyone who isn't comfortable seeing medieval paintings involving naked breasts can refrain from clicking it, or at least pretend that they didn't look at it):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apame_%28concubine%29

We are forgetting David (according to Forbidden Archaeology) built a worldwide Kingdom. Of course academic archaeology will keep it localized. Salomon then strengthened it. Thus the peace treaties / wives.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: Could the Woman At The Well be in concubine

Could you give a reference for that please?

I did a quick search and click the first that looked reasonable. Didn't read whole thing. Like I said. This falls under forbidden in secular archaeology eyes.
Therefore, if you're interested you have to dig. I personally think Solomons voyage was to modern-day Chile.
http://www.ensignmessage.com/solomonsfleets.html

Back to the topic.
If we look at this as purely "however you want to look at this" or "there is no scripture that plainly says that" or "that's circumstantial". It doesn't change the way we should view the subject. Or rather the effect and change of mind it creates.
Marriage is a blood covenant. Keeping virginity is clean,pure, dare I say godly. Pilegesh is in the scriptures. Scripture applies yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Why? Because " I am the same yesterday, today, and forever".Hebrews 13:8
The ideas discussed in this forum are Anti-Culture. This is no different.
I was pondering today how poly among other things can be so violently opposed. I then remembered how a certain someone was sharing their poly story. They said there church was an idol in their life. This got me to thinking our culture. Our social lives. Our denomination. These all can be both are identity and an idol. Think of that. Our identity can be an idol. Wow.
When what we identify ourselves with ,becomes more ridged than the word...... well?

And also. Thanks FollowingHim, Steve and others for you thoughts and input on my thought.

Fascinating forbidden archaeology article, thankyou, certainly opens a new topic to ponder! But it does make sense. Won't discuss further though to keep the thread on-track.

torahlovesalvation said:
I did a quick search and click the first that looked reasonable. Didn't read whole thing. Like I said. This falls under forbidden in secular archaeology eyes.
Therefore, if you're interested you have to dig. I personally think Solomons voyage was to modern-day Chile.
http://www.ensignmessage.com/solomonsfleets.html

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for the link. Forwarded it to an archeologist-turned-IT friend of mine.

Don't want to hijack thread either. Thanks again.

Back