• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Crazy California...

Hey Nathan, I read this yesterday and immediately considered what it could mean for PM families. However, it dawned on me that it would facilitate an abominable lifestyle and I have to admit, I find myself conflicted.

Those Snowmen eh? You never know what they are up to....

What I find funny is the church we currently attend has a policy that whoever drops the child off to the Sunday School teacher must pick them up. If Sara were to drop them, I could not pick up my own children. I know the screwed up world we live in makes this seem necessary, but really! Sara and I are married, live together, not having troubles of any sort and I cannot pick up my own kids? What if she goes into labor, will the kids stay with the teachers until she gets home from baby delivery? What a screwed up world we live in.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus

ChrisM : Many churches these days give you a tag or number of some sort and you are allowed to pick up the child as long as you have the proper badge/tag/number. Maybe you could talk them into it.

Interesting article. Would be interesting to understand how one gets to claim that they are a parent. In other words, what do I have to do in order to be declared one of the legal parents. Must I have either a biological connection or connection by marriage?

We don't send our kids off to the programs. We talked it over and nothing is changing. My feeling is that this is less like a body of Christians gathering together and more like an assembly line. That is my opinion.

When I grew up, my mother worked a full time job and was divorced. We lived next door to relatives and they were parents also to me and my siblings. And there people in the church who helped with us. Plural parents works for me.

gtcoastie07 said:
Hey Nathan, I read this yesterday and immediately considered what it could mean for PM families. However, it dawned on me that it would facilitate an abominable lifestyle and I have to admit, I find myself conflicted.
I accept this is being pushed by the homosexual lobby. However I don't think it actually facilitates that lifestyle. I don't really think it facilitates anything.

Every child has two biological parents, regardless of their way of life, and as far as I can see it is their decision what happens to that child's parenting - whether they do it or hand on the responsibility to another. But reality can be very messed up, the courts see the worst cases, and for some of these cases recognising more than two parents could be the best way to recognise reality and provide for the needs of the child. I expect most of these cases would be the fallout from divorce or promiscuity, and few would have anything to do with homosexuality.

From the homosexual lobby's perspective, this doesn't facilitate anything - it doesn't make it easier to live with someone of the same gender, you can do that anyway. It may however help to normalise the idea that every way of living is equally acceptable - and it is that which is most likely their goal here. The law itself achieves nothing really, its intent is to spark debate.

I don't think this law would actually facilitate polygyny either - once again, you can do that regardless of this law. Recognising two parents only is also perfectly fine in polygyny - it's the biological reality after all. But the debate that it causes could be used to our advantage, in the same way that it is intended by the homosexual lobby. Unfortunately we don't have as much media clout at this stage, so I can't see it going in our direction much.

So I'm really not fussed either way by this law.

Back