• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dallas Area?

Ramona

Female
We asked last year when we first joined if there were any of you living anywhere close to the Dallas area. We're back and asking again. We'd like to meet some like-minded people, mostly for support. Also, are there churches anywhere that accept our beliefs. We've not found anything...NOTHING. We have a church that we're heavily involved in, but we know that they will not accept us as a PM family when the time comes.

Ramona

Hi Ramona.

Although I live in Orlando at present, I am a member of the church at the John G Lake Ministries headquarters in Plano, (www,jglm.org) And I do visit occasionally.

When I told the pastor of my beliefs, he shrugged and said, "Ok. Frankly, I've got enough trouble with one to be interested in more." :lol:

However, another member (at camp meeting in June), came up to me and said that the Holy Spirit had told him that the reason for my lack of healing of various diabetes related issues was due to my involvement with plural marriage! Got fairly huffy when I suggested that it wasn't the Holy Spirit, as He doesn't contradict the Word. *shrug*

However, I do think that thre are one or two families there, just not active on this board.

Hi, Ramona!

We live in GA, but visit DFW once or twice a year and would LOVE to meet up with your family! I'm from the Mid-Cities area and will go to visit family for 2-3 weeks at a time. Sometimes my husband flies out for a few days while we're there, but mostly it's me and our kids (17,13,9,7,5). It sounds like you have a 7 year old boy, too. It would be great to chat and get to know each other while the kids make new friends, too. I'll message you the next time I'm in town and we can meet at a park or come to you :D

And Cecil is right, there are a few plural families in your area, they're just not on the forums.

Thank you both! Hopefully we can find some soon. :)
DeeAnn, I'd love to speak with you and meet up the next time y'all are out our way! :D

We are in Austin, down the road. Wife's sister lives in Dallas and we go there periodically.

It is difficult to impossible to find a existing congregation that will accept polygamy. I believe most polygamists hide it, home church, or meet in very small groups with other polygamists.

Calling all Texas Biblical Families:

In the afterglow of the D/FW retreat, our family is considering hosting a monthly meetup in Central Texas. For more information, please PM me on this site.

Back