• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dancing like David danced

I use to be part of a men's ministry that had a focus on the wounds that a man gets from modern society. One way a man reacts to those wounds is with the pose. We use to use A Knights Tale to show the diffrent poses (a great man under pressure pretending to be a lesser man to free himself from responsibility, a "lesser" man unsatisfied with his life pretending to be greater than he is instead of being himself and elevating the authentic man, a kind man cloaking his kindness in anger, ect..) and how a Man can overcome those wounds. We also used it to show that when a man has something to fight for (love in the case of A Knights Tale) he is capable of greatness.

FWIW, free association with your use of the word 'pose' takes me back to some study I was doing many years ago when I was doing youth work regarding what it means to be "cool" (click through to the 'timeline of cool' just for fun), including the use of the term 'cool pose' (originally associated with urban black men but having a much broader application today).

Back