• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dating Sites

My experience with poly dating sites is that the women are still looking for the fairy tale scenario, but have now decided to find it in polygamy. And since the fairy tale is a lie from Satan,, they will fail in poly just as quickly as they fail in monogamy. Therefore, most of the women I have communicated with rarely continue in the communication after the first time or two when they find out that we have issues within the family that are common with any marriage and we all need to work at the relationship.

I think some women believe if they can enter into a stable family that is already established, it will be a cake walk. When they find out it is hard, they drop out.

Being honest up from is what I believe is the best. I pray that God only sends those women He wants to be with us and keeps those He does not want away. This narrows the field drastically, but saves a lot of grief. I also have a fairly descriptive post that lets the women know that we are strong Christians who want the same mindset from them for obedience to the leading of the Lord. Even then, most women who respond to my messages do not persist after one or two contacts. Very few really want the deeper things of God and are just walking according to the flesh.

Regular dating sites for the most part look down on those who are interested in poly. I don't even waste my time there.

I have only met one woman from a poly dating site who lasted for a few months and even admitted God spoke to her that she was to join us. However, when I corrected her one time too sternly, she bolted. I believe that the true women of God are out there, we just have to be patient and persistent in our prayers and faith walk. If you build it, they will come. I believe that when we are ready to handle it, God will open the gates and not before.

Blessings,

Ray

Isabella said:
True enough, he said up front, but I will say there is a case for a point where it is too late, when it becomes a betrayal even before a wedding date is set, when feelings get into it and you start to have expectations that a relationship is going somewhere that is too late.

I agree. I do not claim to have a lot of experience, so you should probably not listen to what I say, but this is how I would handle it:

At first a relationship is fun and playful: It is a friendship. At some point it becomes serious. One person indicates that they would like a serious relationship, a marriage and that desire is acknowledged. I would already have determined that the other person is a Christian before this. Otherwise I would work on conversion or graciously decline the opportunity.

So assuming the person is a Christian then I would teach what Christian marriage means, how it is reflective of Christ and the Church. Then one could discuss roles and responsibilities. I would think that from this discussion the concept of polygamy could come freely and relatively easily.

Sure when the conversation turns to polygamy the other person could freak out and run away, but on the other hand there are any number of subjects that could be deal breakers when the conversation gets serious, polygamy only one of them.

For example, perhaps one should not be in debt when one gets married? However that does not mean your first conversation with someone of the opposite sex is what is your net worth? That would be kind of rude. There is time later for those discussions.

How much later depends on the couple. How soon until the discussion gets serious? I do not think there is a right or wrong answer to that.

cnystrom said:
Isabella said:
True enough, he said up front, but I will say there is a case for a point where it is too late, when it becomes a betrayal even before a wedding date is set, when feelings get into it and you start to have expectations that a relationship is going somewhere that is too late.

I agree. I do not claim to have a lot of experience, so you should probably not listen to what I say,

On the contrary, I think everyone's opinion has value. It is actually good that you don't have a great deal of experience in this because it means that you probably are taking things slowly and not proposing to every woman you speak to :shock:

B

Isabella said:
On the contrary, I think everyone's opinion has value. It is actually good that you don't have a great deal of experience in this because it means that you probably are taking things slowly and not proposing to every woman you speak to :shock:

Actually I do propose to every women I speak to. I just do not get a chance to speak to too many. If there is anyone I missed please let me know.

Chris

cnystrom said:
Actually I do propose to every women I speak to. I just do not get a chance to speak to too many. If there is anyone I missed please let me know.

Chris

:lol:

Well you missed me but I am not sure whether to take that badly! :p

Bels

My experience with poly dating sites is that the women are still looking for the fairy tale scenario, but have now decided to find it in polygamy. And since the fairy tale is a lie from Satan,, they will fail in poly just as quickly as they fail in monogamy. Therefore, most of the women I have communicated with rarely continue in the communication after the first time or two when they find out that we have issues within the family that are common with any marriage and we all need to work at the relationship.

I think some women believe if they can enter into a stable family that is already established, it will be a cake walk. When they find out it is hard, they drop out.

Whether you have 1 wife or many, marriage is hard. Marriage takes work.

How would I hide it! Google don milton author. hahahaha. There's a fun comedy which you can kind of understand even if you don't know how to speak the Philippine language. The movie is called Mano Po. It's a series of movies and the fourth (ako legal wife) is hilarious. Ako legal wife means I'm the legal wife. It's about a businessman who ends up with a whole lot of wives. So he doesn't tell any of them in advance what's going on. He lets them fall in love first. The Philippine name for a woman kept outside the home is kabit which means hidden. Extree wives comedy movies, dramas, and skits on TV are super popular in the Philippines. Just look up on youtube vice ganda kabit and you'll find a lot of those comedy skits. Vice Ganda is one of the most popular celebrities and is a transexual. Yeah, yuck. One of the reasons that my area of the Philippines is so tolerant of men with extra wives is that it is close to Muslim areas so there will always be a cousin here or there who has married a Muslim. I've noticed that a lot of guys think finding a woman with lots of sexual past will increase the likelihood of her being response but I have found just the opposite. If the woman is not choosey then she'll settle for a monogamist. If a woman is choosy then she has little if any experience and is more open to a tried and true married man.

Whether you have 1 wife or many, marriage is hard. Marriage takes work.
Marriage is a whole lot easier than being single. I've got four kids who love me. One on the way. A beautiful bride whose smile lights up her face and who knows and trusts that I'll do my best for our family. Nobody is perfect when it comes to getting along in a marriage but the blessings are so tremendous.

Back