• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

David from Mississippi

Hello my name is David I am a single male from Mississippi.

For the last few years I have been seeking truth in my relationship with God.
God has been blessing me by showing me truth such as Torah and polygyny.
With God working with me on showing me truth about his word and his ways It has been a hard journey.

I am wanting to walk out Torah in my life better.

Also I hope to find a good wife or more if that is God's plan for me.

I hope that God blesses me with a woman that understands
God's authority over man and man's authority over woman
Also God's Torah and that polygyny is not a sin.

I believe that polygyny addresses the elephant in the room that modern day monogamous relationships are not patriarchal in nature and women do not respect God's authority or God's chain of command.

I think focusing on getting the chain of command back in order with relationships is more important than the idea of a man adding on a second wife to his family.

I believe that God's design such as polygyny is meant to be a blessing and build up a family in to being something more than a family that could perhaps become a tribe or nation.

I look forward to the fellowship on these forms and hope to grow in God's purpose for me

Welcome!
Your path of discovery sounds great. What did you start out believing, and when did it begin to change?

Welcome David. It's good to have you here with us.

I'd suggest you continue your focus of submitting to your Head, Yeshua the Messiah, to prepare you to lead a (or more than one) woman. May the Torah instruct you well as you follow the Savior.

That's what I am working on. I've been married (to one woman) for many years, but haven't generally submitted to Christ, or led my woman very well. I think the two go hand in hand.

The good leader is also a man under authority.

As 1st Corinthians tells us.
God the Father is the Head of Christ.
Christ is the Head of every man.
The husband is the head of the wife.

We have a chain with links.
Father-Son-man-woman-children

"Man-woman-children" won't work well without the first two Links.

Welcome! Glad to see more and more Torah people coming to the truth of polygny, it seems like its increased up alot recently!
I don't understand why any of the "Torah observant or Hebrew roots" people wouldn't see the truth of polygyny. It's just so obvious in the Torah.

I'm definitely not part of the "Torah observant Hebrew roots" religious movement, and I still get it.

I'm a conservative Evangelical and a Reformed Baptist, but I still understand that the Bible treats polygyny as marriage.
I learned about polygyny from the Torah,
and the rest of the Bible confirms it. 😁

Back