• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dedicated Altar

So, a video popped up on my facebook feed of some Cohanim dedicating an altar for use in the new Temple when it is built.

I find it all rather exciting. I can't wait to present an offering!

So, a video popped up on my facebook feed of some Cohanim dedicating an altar for use in the new Temple when it is built.

I find it all rather exciting. I can't wait to present an offering!

It is exciting, but a few big question marks connected with this endeavour... Kimberly Rodgers Brown makes a difficult case for this potentially being the a/c due yo the Solomon / Sanhedrin connection.... challenging material worth processing.

Shalom!

I figure the a/c can't desecrate something that started unholy. He desecrates what is consecrated.

Until Moshiach returns, I figure there will always be a tendency towards decay and corruption of what is good and holy. Besides, although the Temple authorities in Yeshua's day didn't recognize Him, Paul had no problem going up to the Temple on the orders of the other Apostles, nor they in so ordering him.

Thus, regardless of Temple recognition of Yeshua, it remains God's house and it remains acceptable to partake in the Temple institutions unless they set up idols or offer swine on the altar, etc.

Why? It has no bearing on Christianiry in general? Whether people believe it is good, or the work of the a/c and part of the end-times line-up...

Believing that a third temple and that sacrifices will begin again DOES have bearing on Christianity. However, if it is correct here then I believe I can state my belief here without upsetting the protected category for those beliefs.

We are the Temple, there is no other temple going to be built that serves the True God, and "It is Finished", therefore there will not be a continuation of sacrifices.

Believing that a third temple and that sacrifices will begin again DOES have bearing on Christianity. However, if it is correct here then I believe I can state my belief here without upsetting the protected category for those beliefs.

We are the Temple, there is no other temple going to be built that serves the True God, and "It is Finished", therefore there will not be a continuation of sacrifices.
That doesn't explain why the Apostles, who wrote the founding documents upon which Christianity so heavily relies, never ceased from going up to the physical Temple and engaging with Temple institutions...

8^)

You may upset people with certain beliefs, or find yourself upset by those of others, but that doesn't mean this isn't a forum for edifying conversation between people who do not necessarily hold to exactly the same views as you... or those who hold to my views, either.

That doesn't explain why the Apostles, who wrote the founding documents upon which Christianity so heavily relies, never ceased from going up to the physical Temple and engaging with Temple institutions...

8^)

You may upset people with certain beliefs, or find yourself upset by those of others, but that doesn't mean this isn't a forum for edifying conversation between people who do not necessarily hold to exactly the same views as you... or those who hold to my views, either.

Wasn't questioning the forum, just the category it was posted under. But, since the third temple is heavily believed by the Christian world being influenced by Zionism, this probably is the right place. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't offending anyone if I made a negative statement in the wrong category. I know this is a touchy subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is another explanation for this , but that’s for another time when I have nothing better to do.

On another note, could you please post a link to this event as it’s something I’ve been waiting on.

The apostles may simply have kept attending the Temple because that's where they would find people to talk to about God. When going to towns outside Jerusalem, the apostles also went to the synagogues first, same reason. Same reason many of us go along to churches we disagree with either regularly or as occasional visitors - because of the people, our visit does not necessarily imply agreement with all details of that churches doctrine and practice. It MAY imply that, but it does not necessarily imply that.

No problem discussing this here! It's a worthwhile topic to discuss as so many people are getting enthusiastic about it, while so many others have very serious concerns. Good to raise it.

I think not having it will forestall the end.

I think that there are a number of events in recent history that fall into that category, the recreation of Israel being one of them.

I see no possible way to forestall something that God has determined. Others have discovered that to their own detriment. Think 6 day war in 1967. Events like this altar are on His schedule just as Jeremiah predicted that destruction by Nebuchadnezzar was according to Gods schedule.

How do you fight against God? Jeremiahs advice was don’t. Stay away from the city and keep your head down in the country. Hopefully it will pass by but if it doesnt, submit. God has a plan and you will inhabit your houses and lands again in His time. If you resist you’ll be destroyed by what He has ordained.

Back