• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Desantis, I thought he was one of the good guys...

I had hoped he was a good guy, but he is just another politician with aspirations of higher office. Desantis apparently pretended to be a good guy because he wants to run for President. Still, at the end of the day, he works for the beast system and will do as he is told.

I doubt one can become the governor of Florida without already being seriously compromised.

He has responded to criticism of this by noting the 'and' in the offending sentence that requires before implementation that it can be demonstrated that a disease has to present a 'severe danger to public health,' noting that Wuhan Flu (which he referred to as Sars Cov-2) didn't come close to meeting that threshold, nor do seasonal flus. I apologize in advance to anyone who wishes I could remember what show on Fox I heard that on or when. When I heard it I was satisfied, but I hadn't read the above posts until just now.

He has responded to criticism of this by noting the 'and' in the offending sentence that requires before implementation that it can be demonstrated that a disease has to present a 'severe danger to public health,' noting that Wuhan Flu (which he referred to as Sars Cov-2) didn't come close to meeting that threshold, nor do seasonal flus. I apologize in advance to anyone who wishes I could remember what show on Fox I heard that on or when. When I heard it I was satisfied, but I hadn't read the above posts until just now.

That offers zero protections of individuals’ civil liberties, because the safeguard is contingent on the opinion of a surgeon general or a board of health or some other overlord yet to be named. Covid has over a 99% survival rate and yet the powers that be act like it’s worse than the bubonic plague. We all know it’s bs, but does anyone here think someone like Fauci wouldn’t use a law like that in heart beat? I do not trust Desantis and I wouldn’t vote for him now.

Last edited:
That offers zero protections of individuals’ civil liberties, because the safeguard is contingent on the opinion of a surgeon general or a board of health or some other overlord yet to be named. Covid has over a 99% survival rate and yet the powers that be act like it’s worse the bubonic plague. We all know it’s bs, but does anyone here think someone like Fauci wouldn’t use a law like that in heart beat? I do not trust Desantis and I wouldn’t vote for him now.
What if Rand Paul isn't running for President? Will you just sit out voting from now on? I don't disagree with what you're saying, but thinking that a group of politicians will ever pass laws with iron clad protection for civil liberties may be barking up the wrong tree. Trump certainly didn't protect us from the Wuhan Flu monster, but Desantis did a much better job of doing so in Florida. The average citizen isn't like us; they want protection from their fears of a much bigger bogeyman, so it's probably impossible to expect that anyone besides Rand Paul and a handful of others to vote against something that says, if it's a monster disease, the government retains the right to do something about it.

I'm not in favor of those laws, but I won't let something like that stop me from voting for someone who will do a much better job of protecting civil liberties than will hir opponent.

What if Rand Paul isn't running for President? Will you just sit out voting from now on? I don't disagree with what you're saying, but thinking that a group of politicians will ever pass laws with iron clad protection for civil liberties may be barking up the wrong tree. Trump certainly didn't protect us from the Wuhan Flu monster, but Desantis did a much better job of doing so in Florida. The average citizen isn't like us; they want protection from their fears of a much bigger bogeyman, so it's probably impossible to expect that anyone besides Rand Paul and a handful of others to vote against something that says, if it's a monster disease, the government retains the right to do something about it.

I'm not in favor of those laws, but I won't let something like that stop me from voting for someone who will do a much better job of protecting civil liberties than will hir opponent.

Believe me, I understand the logic of what you’re saying and in the past would have probably said the same thing. I guess it’s just getting to the point where I’m sick and tired of holding my nose while pulling the lever for a piece of $h%#. Maybe too, it has become easier for me to feel that way because it’s looking more and more like the ballot box is in the rear view mirror.

it’s looking more and more like the ballot box is in the rear view mirror.
It was looking that way, but victories are starting to happen.
The next 3 months should be entertaining.

It was looking that way, but victories are starting to happen.
The next 3 months should be entertaining.
I know what you mean, but all these victories have to work their way to the top before any big rulings cause them to have any practical effect... and those at the top... well let’s just say they have even less incentive to rule on the side of truth now than they did 6 months ago.

It doesn’t involve the top if states start recalling congresscritters that were fraudulently seated.

Some Republican legislators are starting to get a spine as they begin to see how bad the cheating has been.

This is Florida we're talking about. You don't get to be governor anywhere, much less Florida, if you're one of the good guys.

Back