• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Direction for BrotherD

CecilW

Real Person
Male
Our new member, BrotherD, needs our prayers for Direction for his family.

Short version of a long story: He went out today to cut a tree that was looking a bit precarious, as though if it were to come down in a storm it would NOT be good.

At first, all went well. Tree was going down where it should. Then, it suddenly split, changed directions, and came down on his home, completely flattening the roof of his boys' bedroom down and perhaps through the floor.

Thanks be to God that no-one was hurt. The boys were doing homework at the kitchen table.

Nonetheless, the damage is going to require major changes in their family's life -- one way or another. One possibility involves leaving this property and moving elsewhere. Another would be to rebuild.

They are willing to follow God's leading, whatever that may be, but crave our prayers for that guidance to be made very, very clear.

I'm posting the request, as it also took out their internet for the moment.

Were I in this spot, I'd want LOTS of prayer arising on my behalf, so plan to do that on theirs. Here's hoping you will join me.

Oh goodness, what a scary thing to happen! I am so thankful that no one was hurt. Praise to the Lord for keeping those boys safe! I'll be praying that God shows them His way and for wisdom in their decision making.

Definitely in prayer for this family and praying that G-d would lead them in the right direction. Also,praising God that no one was hurt

How dreadful, I am glad to hear that no one was hurt and I am wishing them all the best.
x

Oh, good Heavens! :shock: Yes, Praise be to God that no one was hurt. Prayers for this family being sent up post-haste.

I want to thank everyone for your many prayers.
They are definitely being felt. Monday we had a tree fallon our boys bedroom. No one was in there, but the room was destroyed. We have been able to start using my great grandmother's old house which is on the same property as there has definitely been a miracle or 6 to have taken place there in regards to the electrical. As for actual direction, Yahweh has only instructed us to take one day at a time. We are learning to hear His Voice in a much more definite way. Also, we are praying specifically for everyone who has been kind enough to remember us in their prayers, even though we always lift up all of the participants here on this forum. May Yahweh pour out His Presence upon you all. And definitely thank you Cecil for posting this. Praying for one another is the greatest gift we can give to one another.

Darren

Back