• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Do we need to be harsh?

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I will let @MemeFan explain his pov:

“I understand that some people here want 100% clean language. But reaction of people here proves that West is infected with too much politeness. Think, any leftist idea is associated with politeness.

Elite is selling you that supporting lockdowns, mask, vaccines, LQB++++++++ etc.. is being polite. What they don't want is being scorned, made fun and bring treated as idiots. Why? Because all this destroys their social status. And nobody obeys at-the-bottom-of-social-status-pyramid people.

So politeness is in a way toll of social control. We need to bring back insults which works precisely because they destroy social status of recepient. Which is why all insults are offensive and hurtful. And which is reason why they work.

Think a little. What is better way to drive out cowardice from male teenager than calling him chicken and, even better, p*s*y? Will this motivate him to improve his behaviour? Yes. Which male was reputation of being cowardly woman? None.

Did you notice that leftist like name-calling and love social status destruction? They use these tactics because they....work.

What makes me sad is that warmongers have too much status. I believe that if Milosevic was made laughting stock war in ex-Yugoslavia would be avoided. Same with Neocons in USA and Britain now before things escalate to nuclear war.

Such people need behaviour correction and we should provide them. Same as Jesus and John Baptist did with Pharisees.”

I just don’t think that we need to be more like the crassness that is winning in order to be relevant. Yes, when religious leaders came to put down Yeshua and JTB, they called them out decisively, but I don’t remember them campaigning against them at other times.
If I’m wrong, please show me.

I will let @MemeFan explain his pov:

“I understand that some people here want 100% clean language. But reaction of people here proves that West is infected with too much politeness. Think, any leftist idea is associated with politeness.

Elite is selling you that supporting lockdowns, mask, vaccines, LQB++++++++ etc.. is being polite. What they don't want is being scorned, made fun and bring treated as idiots. Why? Because all this destroys their social status. And nobody obeys at-the-bottom-of-social-status-pyramid people.

So politeness is in a way toll of social control. We need to bring back insults which works precisely because they destroy social status of recepient. Which is why all insults are offensive and hurtful. And which is reason why they work.

Think a little. What is better way to drive out cowardice from male teenager than calling him chicken and, even better, p*s*y? Will this motivate him to improve his behaviour? Yes. Which male was reputation of being cowardly woman? None.

Did you notice that leftist like name-calling and love social status destruction? They use these tactics because they....work.

What makes me sad is that warmongers have too much status. I believe that if Milosevic was made laughting stock war in ex-Yugoslavia would be avoided. Same with Neocons in USA and Britain now before things escalate to nuclear war.

Such people need behaviour correction and we should provide them. Same as Jesus and John Baptist did with Pharisees.”

I just don’t think that we need to be more like the crassness that is winning in order to be relevant. Yes, when religious leaders came to put down Yeshua and JTB, they called them out decisively, but I don’t remember them campaigning against them at other times.
If I’m wrong, please show me.

Staunch prudness is to be mocked respectively in order to maintain a dignified means of reprove. One dose not need to do this by way of vulgarity foul language or other shameful means. Politeness is certainly respectable and is easier to relieve than an outright burst of anger. But i get the point where you’ve had enough and i am guilty of tearing someone in two with words that cut so deep and immediately shut down the other persons ability to maintain any dignity at all.
There are times wher this method is applicable but those moments are rare. It is important to remember that the person you are talking to is allowed to be an idiot and convincing them that they are is not going to make any significant difference to the human species in any way shape or form…because the idiot will excel in other areas of stupidity and you will not only be frustrated but others may see you as an unhinged pompous ass.

That leads me to the uss of colourful language…its not nice and is an unfortunate habit that is not only hard to kick but puts on display your ignorance and inability to formulate a proper sentence. It shows a lack of discipline and dose not garner respect. I myself have the most vowel mouth and a dirty sense of humor to go with it. It’s a Canadian thing…its cultural. However i am ever working towards ridding self of such a nasty habit. I am doing a piss poor job of it though.

It is important to learn about the things we have been taught by society and recognize where we have been led astray. Western civilization especially men, have been taught a very embarrassing means of conducting ourselves in what is referred to as toxic feminine energy. It starts with shaming and sarcasm and if i actually do something i will e arrested for my actions. The response then tends to be a shriek of feminine energy and tirade of ineffectual hairy canary fit that would make a toddler blush. Like throwing yourself on the floor and wailing because something didnt go your way.

Jesus never acted like this and never intended us to act like that either. He displayed cunning whit and precision accuracy when countering opponents and did not bring shame on himself in any way but quite the opposite, left people in awe. I found that a good place to start was to be carful in the debate you chose to inject yourself in and then to always say as much as possible with as few words as possible. This helps me keep from going places i wish I hadn’t.
Of course, F**k You is the shortest possible answer to an opponent but hardly the best. Try always to refine your skills and you will find yourself going to crude obscenities less often. You’ll always fee better afterwards for the effort.

Clean language I prefer to hear others engage with.
I put up with a lot during my working day and like that rubbish to not follow me home.
the more cussing involved usually is an indication of ignorance.
As for the west infected with to much politeness. I could only wish.
I think ignorance arrogance and apathy are what the west is consumed by and politeness has nothing to do with it.

Staunch prudness is to be mocked respectively in order to maintain a dignified means of reprove. One dose not need to do this by way of vulgarity foul language or other shameful means. Politeness is certainly respectable and is easier to relieve than an outright burst of anger. But i get the point where you’ve had enough and i am guilty of tearing someone in two with words that cut so deep and immediately shut down the other persons ability to maintain any dignity at all.
There are times wher this method is applicable but those moments are rare. It is important to remember that the person you are talking to is allowed to be an idiot and convincing them that they are is not going to make any significant difference to the human species in any way shape or form…because the idiot will excel in other areas of stupidity and you will not only be frustrated but others may see you as an unhinged pompous ass.

That leads me to the uss of colourful language…its not nice and is an unfortunate habit that is not only hard to kick but puts on display your ignorance and inability to formulate a proper sentence. It shows a lack of discipline and dose not garner respect. I myself have the most vowel mouth and a dirty sense of humor to go with it. It’s a Canadian thing…its cultural. However i am ever working towards ridding self of such a nasty habit. I am doing a piss poor job of it though.

It is important to learn about the things we have been taught by society and recognize where we have been led astray. Western civilization especially men, have been taught a very embarrassing means of conducting ourselves in what is referred to as toxic feminine energy. It starts with shaming and sarcasm and if i actually do something i will e arrested for my actions. The response then tends to be a shriek of feminine energy and tirade of ineffectual hairy canary fit that would make a toddler blush. Like throwing yourself on the floor and wailing because something didnt go your way.

Jesus never acted like this and never intended us to act like that either. He displayed cunning whit and precision accuracy when countering opponents and did not bring shame on himself in any way but quite the opposite, left people in awe. I found that a good place to start was to be carful in the debate you chose to inject yourself in and then to always say as much as possible with as few words as possible. This helps me keep from going places i wish I hadn’t.
Of course, F**k You is the shortest possible answer to an opponent but hardly the best. Try always to refine your skills and you will find yourself going to crude obscenities less often. You’ll always fee better afterwards for the effort.
This is what I THINK you said in summary:

1. I admit I do it
2. I admit I shouldn't do it
3. I admit others have a right to be an idiot
4. I admit idiots are not going to change just because I ask them to
5. I'm going to try NOT to exercise MY right to be an idiot, but if I fail at it, I'm not going to argue for it, nor make excuses for it

Is that even close?

This is what I THINK you said in summary:

1. I admit I do it
2. I admit I shouldn't do it
3. I admit others have a right to be an idiot
4. I admit idiots are not going to change just because I ask them to
5. I'm going to try NOT to exercise MY right to be an idiot, but if I fail at it, I'm not going to argue for it, nor make excuses for it

Is that even close?
I was just encouraging others to exercise their ability to strengthen their ability to express themselves in a manner that is intelligent and thoughtful. It’s the habit of embracing leftist toxic feminine energy which should be avoided at all cost. People often take this approach as a learned behaviour and need to exercise better practices.

I was just encouraging others to exercise their ability to strengthen their ability to express themselves in a manner that is intelligent and thoughtful. It’s the habit of embracing leftist toxic feminine energy which should be avoided at all cost. People often take this approach as a learned behaviour and need to exercise better practices.
I agree with everything you said, and if my summary was even close to correct, it is a highly respectable position.

I agree with everything you said, and if my summary was even close to correct, it is a highly respectable position.
I should just note, that I am exceptional…and when being an idiot, I am especially an exceptional idiot. Extra special class of exceptional idiot when I chose to be. I’ve had los of practice and worked hard to obtain such a title. Thank you.

How did everybody miss political undertone of my message? I'm not talking about usual communication.

If you receive communique from pshycopath, narcissist or enemy did you receive attempt at communication or.....manipulation?

Decent person in West isn't racist (in original meaning:judging people by unchangeable physical characteristics) and treats other with respect (homofob/transfob, you can't treat someone with respect if you are afraid of them). So, when somebody today in public calls you racist/homofob/transfob doesn't he mean above definitions or are words being redefined? Well, it usually is attempt at character assassination.

When today mainstream media journalist calls parents against "gender affirming care"* far right is journalist being neutral? Potentially worst moral crime today is being like Hitler and Hitler was far right. By associating parent with Hitler journalist isn't being neutral. What he is doing is character assassination.

As Michael Malice likes to say: "They don't use language to communicate, but to manipulate". How to defend against such people?

I see only two ways. First is to explain people around exactly what methods is other person using. Second is go on attack and call another person what he is. Both ways will destroy social standing of attacker, a feature, not a bug.

Too often Christians are conflict-averse, always try to stay decent, treat everybody with respect etc.. which language manipulators abuse. See decent/good /reasonable people agree 100% with me, you disagreer are bad/evil/crazy. And this exact method is why West has accepted LGBT+ crap because decent prople support sexual freaks, instead of calling them crazy, evil, immoral. Same was seen doing corona show.

With language manipulators you either accept defeat and become social pariah or go to social war. There is no fair debate with such people.
Why should I care about respect and feelings of person who is trying my character assassination? He gives none, he should receive none. Let him "enjoy" same treatman he gives to others. If he receives "choice words" broadside in tradition of Donald Trump, so what? He is getting what he deserves.

I would also add that satire and making fun of politicians is one measure of freedom of speech. Being public person means being target. Why spare such persons when they are doing bad/evil things?

* Again language manipulation, proper phrase is gender mutilation

EDIT: Grammar

Last edited:
There are times for harshness and times for circumspection. I hate to agree with Memefan on anything but these times call for harshness far more than they do for circumspection.
Agreed harshness is definitely needed when dealing with some issues and some people
what those issues are change from time to time.

I question the need for profanity while being harsh
Is profanity needed while being harsh? Can you get your point across without?
Is there a line that we as Christian men and woman should avoid crossing?

Agreed harshness is definitely needed when dealing with some issues and some people
what those issues are change from time to time.

I question the need for profanity while being harsh
Is profanity needed while being harsh? Can you get your point across without?
Is there a line that we as Christian men and woman should avoid crossing?
At some point down that road, you will have to define what profanity is. That's where you're going to get hung up, if not sooner.

At some point down that road, you will have to define what profanity is. That's where you're going to get hung up, if not sooner.
From Wikipedia

Profanity, also known as cursing, cussing, swearing, bad language, foul language, obscenity, expletives, vulgarism, or vulgarity, is a sociallyoffensive use of language.[1] Accordingly, profanity is language use that is sometimes deemed rude, obscene, or culturally offensive; in certain religions, it constitutes sin.[2] It can show a debasement of someone or something,[3] or be considered an expression of strong feeling towards something. Some words may also be used as intensifiers.

From Wikipedia

Profanity, also known as cursing, cussing, swearing, bad language, foul language, obscenity, expletives, vulgarism, or vulgarity, is a sociallyoffensive use of language.[1] Accordingly, profanity is language use that is sometimes deemed rude, obscene, or culturally offensive; in certain religions, it constitutes sin.[2] It can show a debasement of someone or something,[3] or be considered an expression of strong feeling towards something. Some words may also be used as intensifiers.
So then, misgendering.

"Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving." - Ephesians 5:4

"But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth." - Colossians 3:8

"Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you." - Proverbs 4:24

Perhaps we could hear commentary from both sides on these verses and other verses akin to them.

From Wikipedia

Who gets to define what is cursing and/or bad language? No really, who. And why do I have to listen to what “they” say, whoever it is.

Also language changes. What’s good in one form of English is bad in another and vice versa.

I made these points clearly in the other thread. What’s “bad language” in one area may be perfectly fine in another. If I move to the latter location is it now ok for me to say what was previously “bad language”.

"Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving." - Ephesians 5:4

"But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth." - Colossians 3:8

"Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you." - Proverbs 4:24

Perhaps we could hear commentary from both sides on these verses and other verses akin to them.
Who is the arbiter of what is or is not filthy, foolish, or crude.

This is a real question not a rhetorical one.

I can say a word that people think is crude here, go to England, say the same exact word and no one blinks an eye.

I can speak words from Elizabethan English that were perfectly fine then but have now evolved into so called crude. Language changes

No really. Who is the arbiter. You? Someone else?

If it’s greater society, why do I have to listen to greater society’s opinion on language. Most of whom are unbelievers.

Who is the arbiter of what is or is not filthy, foolish, or crude.

This is a real question not a rhetorical one.

I can say a word that people think is crude here, go to England, say the same exact word and no one blinks an eye.

I can speak words from Elizabethan English that were perfectly fine then but have now evolved into so called crude. Language changes

No really. Who is the arbiter. You? Someone else?

If it’s greater society, why do I have to listen to greater society’s opinion on language. Most of whom are unbelievers.
Why don’t we just stick with what “you” know.
if “you” know it to be profanity and offensive should you freely use it.
can you make a harsh point without?

There are times for harshness and times for circumspection. I hate to agree with Memefan on anything but these times call for harshness far more than they do for circumspection.
Balkanize for the right, containment for the left. Give them their 15 min cities and watch them eat each other. They have been programmed and will not yield. Yurt Bezmenoff said correctly, they will not wake up until they feel a boot crushing their balls. (I know I butchered that but it’s been several years since I saw the interview) As for harshness, I would say keep your soul intact while cutting out the cancer of society.

Why don’t we just stick with what “you” know.
if “you” know it to be profanity and offensive should you freely use it.
It's already a given, and obvious, fact that even among supposed christians, what one person considers profanity, another considers intelligent discourse.
Even if someone KNOWS it's profane and vulgar, they justify their use of it. This thread will end up as useless as the others.

Back