• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Do you have "Smart Love"?

Scarecrow

Probably not...since it doesn't yet exist (at the time of this post). But...it will soon, and you can help sculpt it.

http://eepurl.com/cowV7z

Interesting concept - but I'm a bit concerned about it, because it is a project by "BitNation". Their entire purpose appears to be setting up a (voluntary) electronic global ID system ("World Citizenship ID"), and even credit cards based on bitcoin. All contracts would be linked electronically to their "world citizenship ID".
Marriage has been specifically chosen as a first type of contract to promote because:
All of this can happen with relative ease because marriage seems non threatening, has a warm and fuzzy feeling that will both attract users, and provides a stealthy way to promote p2p jurisdictions.
So this is their admittedly stealthy way to introduce and normalise a far larger system. And that larger system is fundamentally a global governmental system with both electronic identification and integrated financial transactions. Sounds a lot like the end-times mark of the beast.
Now this system won't be the mark, because it is voluntary and geeky so would never become popular enough, it's just a testing ground. It is a proof-of-concept, and the lessons learnt from it will inform the actual nonvoluntary global system that is introduced eventually.
I wouldn't be helping them out with it.

Anyway, this just substitutes the local government to oversee marriages with a global government to oversee marriage contracts, which is worse than what we have now, even if more flexible in the details. Why can't we just have contracts between individuals, on paper or even verbally? That's the traditional and far more sensible option. This proposal is using a bulldozer to shift a pebble, simply because the people promoting the idea want people to accept the bulldozer, because they have much bigger plans for the bulldozer.

Last edited:
Interesting concept - but I'm a bit concerned about it, because it is a project by "BitNation". Their entire purpose appears to be setting up a (voluntary) electronic global ID system ("World Citizenship ID"), and even credit cards based on bitcoin. All contracts would be linked electronically to their "world citizenship ID".
Agreed, my thought, and perhaps an incorrect one, was that we could influence the structure and perhaps remove aspects from it that would be detrimental.

Agreed. At first i thought it was just mildly amusing. But now I realize, Oh crap! It's a prototype!

I think attempting to influence this from the inside would be like buying a ticket on a plane to China in the hope that while in the air you could persuade the pilot and all the passengers to fly to Australia instead.

Back