• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Do you love him enough?

sweetlissa

Real Person
Female
Do you love him enough?

He is your husband. You have stood by him through thick and thin. You have submitted to his authority throughout all the years of your marriage. You are comfortable with him. You have supported him, studied with him, prayed with him, and prayed for him. You have cried with him, cried over him and loved him through thick and thin. You may have bourn his children, walked through sickness and health with him and gone through more poorer than richer.

You have watched him grow into the mature Christian that he is today. You have been sad when he has faltered and you have been proud when he succeeds. Together you have sought God’s will for your life and your family.

But do you love him enough to grow with him down this path? It isn’t easy. It can be lonely and weary. Do you love him enough to stand by him when his heart is breaking? Do you love him enough to love him through the struggles? Are you a Godly woman who stands beside her man, no matter what?

Do you love him enough to forgive him for walking the road that is less common? Can you see the future in his eyes? Can you see what God sees in him? God chose him for a special purpose. He chose you too. Do you love Him enough?

This is a challenge from God. He never promised it would be easy to walk among his chosen people.

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Mat 10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Mat 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Your husband has been called to something greater than himself. Your family has been called to something larger than the sum of its parts. Do you love him enough to trust God and walk beside him. Without you it will be a lonely path.

Love is the only reason for anything

Sweet Lissa

Oh my gosh. Lisa, thank you thank you thank you for posting this. Your posts have touched my heart deeply today. As you may have seen in my posts, this has been a serious struggle for me, despite my faith that I am walking with God. I spent some time last night talking and praying with a dear friend that I have made here on Biblical Families. For the first time since I started on this path, I have carried a total peace about everything in my life today. Reading your post tonight only reaffirmed this feeling in me. One thing that caught my eye was when you said, "This is a challenge from God. He never promised it would be easy to walk among his chosen people." The other day, I as I was struggling, I remembered a print my mom once hung in the kitchen. It said, "I never said it would be easy. I only said it would be worth it." That has become my prayer at times when I felt my troubles cropping up.
For once, I did not sign on looking for reassurance, but it was still nice to find. Your post filled a need in my heart that I did not know I had. :) Thank you again for sharing. It gave me a new way to look at the journey ahead of me. :)

Beautiful post, Lissa. Very helpful and very encouraging. God has called each one of us here to "the road less taken". It's definitely a harder path, but if it's the path God wants me on, and the path my husband is on, then I want to be on it!

Beautiful job, Lissa....well done ! :)
Blessings,
Fairlight

sweetlissa said:
Do you love him enough?

Mat 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Thank you for being a lightbearer in this darkness, Lissa. With this post, you truly have led many to the "light" thing. I truly love the verses you used in this post. When I was first introduced to this life, the sweet Holy Spirit open my eyes deeply to these verses by showing me that Christ came to set son against father, mother against daughter, in laws against in laws, friends against friends, but NEVER wife against husband or husband against wife! I truly found peace in knowing that no matter who was against me, God & my husband are for me (and vice versa).

Sweetlissa,

That is a beautiful post and very encouraging. It's easy to smile when life is good, but what matters is how you act when it turns upside down. Thank you for reminding me what my purpose is!

Lissa, I found it interesting that you posted this in August of 2008. I suspect it means even more to you today! I am glad that irishprincess found it and commented on it so others could reread it or read it for the first time. Truth is truth, and it always brings peace. Thankgoodness for that!

As always, I am truly blessed with your tender heart that searchs for God's way and not your own. Randy is a blessed man!

Liss,

Well said, dear. I especially liked the part about a husband's vision for the future. Sometimes I think we slip into wanting a standard of comfort and security that is not at all compatible with our nation's Founders' vision (let alone Messiah's,) and they pledged "their lives, fortunes and sacred honor" so we could be free.

We can do no less, and must be willing to "buy the truth, and sell it not," irrespective of the cost. Thank you again for your excellent words. They strengthened and encouraged me, too.

Shalom to you and your family

I remember writing them very well, during a place of absolute heartbreak. My heart is broken again now, but not as severely. Lets say experience taught me to prepare myself for future heartbreak. Two years ago it was a shock when I had just moved to a new place far from anyone but Randy. Now, I have been here nearly 3 years and I feel like I belong here.

I found it interesting that it had no responses until over 2 years later. God's timing is perfect, is it not?

Thanks to all for your kind words. Julie, thanks especially for a friendship that has been growing for years now.

Love
SweetLissa

I'm wondering why there seems to be so much heartbreak in this lifestyle? My heart breaks too when I read this and I'm soo sorry for your sadness. I'm begining to have second thoughts about PM (assuming that your heartbreak is somehow related) because I don't see the happiness. I've read on some Muslim sites that the wives are heartbroken when a husband takes another wife, sometimes without even telling her and so they medicate themselves just to get through the lonliness and depression, or they leave or they live in misery for years. I'm wondering why a 'godly' husband would treat a wife this way. I've yet to read very much about joy on any of these sites (I know no one here is Muslim, I just read and search a lot).

I appreciate your postings so much because they seem 'real' and heartfelt. I suppose 'loving and understanding' would be better words to describe what I'm trying to say. When someone is really in a low place and asking for help and guidance a swift 'suck it up' response isn't very helpful and yours seem so gentle and kind. I just want you to know that I'm sorry for your heartbreak. I wish I had something conforting to say to you that would be helpful right now. Maybe one day I will.

I don't know how to answer you except to say that the difficulty with PM (besides jealousy) is that instead of being a combination of two peoples lives, hearts, emotions and experiences it is 3 or more. This gives more risk of being hurt. I have experienced a lot of joy. I have experienced a lot of sorrow. But I know from past experience you cannot appreciate the joy without the sorrow. I also don't know a lot of people on any board who take the time to say "This wonderful thing just happened to me!" Usually people talk on these boards to get advice and commisseration. If you are in joy, you are out living in the moment, not giving people a play by play.

I am mostly miserable with my job, but I still go there every day. The reward is a paycheck.

I am mostly miserable with my car, but I drive it because it gets me to work.

I love my dogs but I am much more likely to talk about the bad things they do than about the silliness and joy they bring.

Joy is what happens when we are living. I know you have many doubts about PM, but I want you to know that there are families that I know personally who have multiple wives and their lives are filled with joy. They don't post here a lot because they are out enjoying their lives.

Every relationship has problems. This ministry exists to help make this lifestyle better for everyone. We are here to educate men and encourage women and to give moral support to all.

Lissa

I have to be honest, I read this about two weeks ago and it made me mad. I was just not feeling the love about this whole PM journey. I was mad about the calling, mad about submitting, mad about not feeling in control of my life. Well, two days ago, a friend (thanks C!) suggested reading it again. My heart was still hard and I read it again with annoyance, but the Lord helped me see our calling in a new light. I may not have the happy sunshine feelings that I wish that I had, but I feel weight of God's job for US. It is important, it is necessary, and not going in faith and openness for this next step is utter rebellion. So,this mad, annoyed woman thanks you, Lissa, for the reminder to go forward with the man God put in my life to fulfill his calling and purpose.

How does one know when you love him enough? Seems my love deepens with every passing day. I have no control over this and no longer have the "want to" to say "enough is enough!" Such precious insight has been given because I know without a doubt that God chose this for me! I did not seek after this love, nor at any time did I set about making plans to love in this manner. I am astounded by the depth of this emotion, and would not change a thing. What a blessing, that God had chosen me to experience this depth of love, even though at times it has become quite painful. It also causes me to do frequent self-examinations, It seems now I am in the dilema of literal combat in regards to emotions that the enemy wants to use to attempt to persuade me by attempting to convince me that because of this love, I am wrong in the area of my thought pattern. This troubles me greatly, but only makes my love stronger! When is enough-enough?? Only God knows. My intent is to stay in His word, seek His will as I continue to pray that I will become the woman of God that He originally designed me to be. My desire is to help other women with hurting hearts.

Thanks Lissa for posting such a thought provoking subject.

This post was worth bumping up.. <3

Wow! Wow! Wow! I’ll nominate this one to favorites too
You mods with your extra privileges... SMH. And where did you post again? Ladies only! If you were a NZer I'd call you a twit or a noodle, but I'm guessing that might not translate well, lol.

sweetlissa, this is a wonderful post. I'm not sure if you're reading this because you don't come on here any more, but I do miss you and your wonderful insight into this lifestyle and life in general.

Back