• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Does anyone want to know what just happened to me?

I've been pouring my blood, sweat, tears, and praying diligently for my heart's desires. One of those being to go to flight school and end up flying an AW609 tilt rotor aircraft and the other, which has come with much study and soul-searching and that is the viability of taking another wife and the current status of the woman in my life now. In the past three years I have had two prophets come up to me and tell me I am "ruthless" and another came up to me and told me that "God knows all of the desires of your heart." In hindsight I was not very respectful to either of them because of my frustration in my current situation at the time and repented for that and really surrendered daily.

A couple nights ago I had a series of strange things happen. God was talking to me, the Spirit was moving, and if I only knew what was about to happen...

I got a call from my biological mother, who I have not seen in 20 years. Before i could get off the first sentence she said "I'm paying for your flight school."

Honestly ya'll I couldn't really comprehend what she said and I felt emotions that I've never felt before all at the same time. I couldn't speak and I started crying, weeping. For three days and three nights. I couldn't do anything for a couple days after that, I just couldn't function...

When it comes to taking on another wife, I was torn up deep in my soul with my face in the Bible and in these books I got on the subject for 12 hours a day for years and I'm working 12 hour night shifts hard labor at $15/hr with overtime and working sometimes another odd job before I actually start those shifts, feeling like a zombie really because of course no one else is on my schedule...

This means that everything I've been doing is righteous and the path to be on. There is no way someone can tell me what I want is wrong at this point. There was no mention of this to my mother but in passing once and I would never ask her to do this because of the extreme expense and would not expect it anyways... There's just no way...

Sounds like God's doing some healing in your heart and showing you he's there with you.

Good job at being vulnerable and humble. We all react wrongly at some point when feeling attacked. I must caution you however, remember His word. Be cautious and aware of false profits. And honestly that 1st "ruthless" comment doesn't sound like the Fathers way of correcting us or speaking. I'm not saying one way or the other about the"profits" but be cautious. Jesus came to save the world not condemn it, that sounded pretty condemning and It would upset me if I was told that.

Thats one of many reasons why I'm not part of the traditional"church" or denominations.

Before this happened I was listening to a Christian radio station and as soon as I turned the truck on I immediately perked my ears to hear what it had to say and the narrator was going line by line saying things like "God loves you. He hears you. He knows the desires of your heart. He wants you to prosper. He has heard your prayers. He will give you what you want..." etc... Just over and over... I thought it was strange and directed toward me because I haven't heard that on the radio before, usually music and short commentary but nothing like what I just heard...

I went to go shovel someone's driveway for the first time and every single thing this Indian Christian man told me was strange. We immediately had things in common and every sentence he was saying had weight to it. We were talking about work and school and how incredibly expensive it is and how he had to be in school for a long time and he put his kids through college. We talked about how he got a marriage certificate because his wife was a Hindu at the time and no one would approve because he was a Christian but he brought her to America. We talked about the huge communities and ceremonies and the honor that is is and how we need to get back to restoring that honor and how it is being lost...

I was thinking about how it would be cool if I could get a snow machine and make a small business out of clearing snow seasonally and then this guy finishes his coffee and tells me that God will provide whatever we need when it comes to what we ask for and that the numbers are all just arbitrary things and really just a drop in the ocean compared to Him, and not even kidding, he says that now that his driveway is clear because I shoveled it, he can go get gas and let me use his snowblower on his neighbor's driveway for more money...

I think "ruthless" was related to relentless pursuit, meaning I would be chosen for whatever purpose or mission because of that characteristic, not necessarily because I would be good at it, but because I would GET to it... and in hindsight it makes waaay too much sense... I never took any offense to it, just wondered why he didn't say more than that after he approached me... My reply to the woman who came up to me and told me God knows the desires of my heart was a very reluctant "Yeah I would hope so." which was childish, really, because we are not going to put God in a box when He can't fit inside the universe He created...

He WILL move you, and you WILL adapt...

Back