• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Don't Be Fooled; They Are Not Pro-Family in Jesus

Dr. K.R. Allen

Real Person
http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/s ... Heq5XmWiQi

The link above is about a new campaign by the Mormons to advance their belief system. Though they proclaim to be pro-family they are not pro-family in the pro-Jesus sense as they deceive people and lead people astray from the real truth of what God meant for the family as defined by the Lord himself.

Three errors exist in the Mormon faith that make them unchristian and thus not pro-family or pro-Jesus.

First, they, like all non-Judeo Christian false religions do, add another book other than the Bible as on equal plain of authority with the Word of God. For them both the bible and the book of Mormon are God's perfect and infallible word. They claim: "We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God." However, with the close of the book Revelation no other perfectly inspired piece of literature has been produced by God. The Bible alone is the only book that is the ultimate authority for faith and practice.

Secondly, like all non-Judeo Christian false religions do, they deny salvation by grace alone through faith alone. They add works, human obedience, and man's effort to the equation. They claim: "We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel." The gospel claims something else. We are saved by grace through faith alone in Christ's life death, and resurrection as the Lord (Eph. 2:1-10; Romans 10:9-10) and then when we are born again we have God living in us through the Spirit (Romans 8:9) that leads us to work and good deeds (James 2). Those good deeds are not to gain eternal life but instead are fruits of the life implanted in us.

Third, like all non-Judeo Christian false religions, they reject the Tri-unity of God and redefine who is Jesus Christ. They deny and reject that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. Yet they are very sly about this one. They are not forthright about their views in this area. In some places that claim and speak as if they believe in the Tri-unity and divinity of Jesus but then they redefine their terms elsewhere in other places to disguise their corruption and and anti-biblical views. Patrick Zukeran says it this way:

Christians and Mormons share many similar theological terms. We both refer to God, salvation, and heaven. However, the words often have radically different meanings. Such is the case with the doctrine of the Trinity. Biblical Christianity teaches there is one God eternally coexisting in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. As we will see, the Mormon view of the Godhead is quite different.

In Mormon theology Jesus is not God but he is a man worked his way up and became another god. He is the first one in rank and he has obtained godhood status and thus all are to follow in that path to also become gods like he is. Instead of Jesus being the true God who has come in the flesh their false perversion is that Jesus grew into his god status. President James Talmage of the Mormon Church has said the "Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are as distinct in persons and individualities as are any three personages in mortality." They thus promote the anti-christ spirit of the age.

With this pagan basis their foundation is flawed from the beginning. Don't be fooled or tricked by their redefining of terms. Families who follow this path and belief system will suffer eternal doom and destruction. They claim to be pro-family but in reality it is not a pro-Jesus Family but rather a Satanic delusion. To build one's life on their foundation is to build on the sand and to miss the rock of salvation found in Christ Jesus the Lord.

"(The website) is just a really fun way to learn about our lifestyle and our faith," Packard said. "The diversity that is represented there will be surprising to a lot of people."

Is that the Mormon way of saying "Look!!! We are not racist!!!...........Anymore......."

:p

Meh, they pray to Jesus, makes them Christians in my book, whatever though, I don't see the point in all these Social conservatives arguing against other social conservatives but as long as it keeps you all busy.....

;)

B

Dr. K.R. Allen said:
However, with the close of the book Revelation no other perfectly inspired piece of literature has been produced by God. The Bible alone is the only book that is the ultimate authority for faith and practice.

Agreeing with your basic statement re: Mormons.

Something struck me, however, for interest's sake (and it is not intended as a tail-feather tweaker :D ).

Would you accept: However, with the close of the book Revelation no other perfectly inspired piece of literature has been produced on which the body of believers can AGREE that the author is indeed God.

Perhaps there has been. Perhaps not. I dunno.

I do however agree fully with your final statement in the paragraph, that "The Bible alone is the only book that is the ultimate authority for faith and practice. " Whether there is anything else out there inspired or not, the Bible is SUFFICIENT, and we have such a long, long way to go as a body of believers to live up to what it DOES say!

eeeessshhhh.....thanks for the notes on mormons....i think like doc said in another post, they may be good people in the common sense of things and like we can work with'em and other religions in the civil areas but they do not believe in the real jesus, the real gospel, or the real bible.

My perspective...for whatever it's worth

I agree completely, that much of the LDS doctrine is not Biblical. I find it rather ironic though, that most of what opened my eyes to that fact, also proved to me that many other doctrines, commonly accepted by christians, lack a biblical foundation as well.
I believe that, if what you believe you believe whole heartedly, God can work with you, even if you are not right about everything. Paul is a good example of someone who was sincerely wrong, and then sincerely right after he met the Lord.
I dare say there are a great number of people here and everywhere that are clinging to something they were raised with, that they believe is biblical, that is not. God opens the eyes of those who want to see, not those who think they can already. The Pharisees thought they had it all, and knew it all. However, Jesus' words about them give us a very different impression of them then they had of themselves!
My husband would often say "Can't you SEE?" about some doctrine I was defending and hanging onto that he could see was not scriptural, but unless God opens your eyes to the truth of a matter, it is impossible to change those heartfelt beliefs, and there is a huge difference between someone speaking their mind, and someone speaking the truth in love.

I was raised LDS and have seen first hand the way LDS and non LDS view each other. To me it's just a bit like the pot calling the kettle black, when different denominations want to point out the faults in the way the others live or believe.
I believe we must judge weather a doctrine has merit, but ideally we do that without judging the people who may for whatever reason cling to it. After all, Jesus said of two men praying, that the one who's prayer would be heard was the one admitting his own sins, not the one thanking God that he was not a sinner. Jesus also said of those that were doing works in His name, that were not 'with them' that "Those that are not against us are for us" and told His disciples not to forbid them from doing those works.

So, in defense of sincere believers everywhere, Jesus gave us one new commandment, that we love one another like He loved us. He also said that people would be able to tell we were His disciples by that very love. We are each imperfect individuals, coming from different backgrounds and religious upbringings, but I do see that christian love at work in people of all denominations.

I think the silliest saying in the world is "If I were you....." (always followed by sage advice) because the truth is, if you WERE THEM, you would do whatever it is they DO! End of story. And no matter how bad off a sinner is, it is also true that there, but for the grace of God, go I.

I have found that I lack credibility with most christians, because I don't believe in the same devil they do. I also believe when God said that the wages of sin is death, He meant that (not being tortured forever and ever in a place called hell). I have also learned that most people don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care, so I should probably stop now. Because like my dad used to say "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

... and one would assume that there is nothing wrong with clean living, industriousness, thoughtful preparation for lean times, an emphasis on the family, and many other admirable qualities of the traditional mormon lifestyle, correct?

Joleneakamomma wrote,
I believe we must judge weather a doctrine has merit, but ideally we do that without judging the people who may for whatever reason cling to it.
And
I have found that I lack credibility with most christians, because I don't believe in the same devil they do. I also believe when God said that the wages of sin is death, He meant that (not being tortured forever and ever in a place called hell).

I appreciate what Jolene is saying here (if I understand her point) regarding how we should treat people of different doctrinal opinions than ours. This is very important on forums like this where we have such a diverse set of backgrounds. We ought to distinguish between the held beliefs and the persons holding them. Can people change their point of view? Yes, we all have or we wouldn't be reading these posts. However, while accepting persons, in hopes of their enlightenment, we must also be careful to hold up a basic standard of truth or there will be no challenging of erroneous beliefs. We are all very careful what we put into the fuel tanks of our vehicles, just because something is liquid doesn't qualify it for our vehicles. There are certain plants that, though they are green and growing well in our pastures, we do well to protect our livestock from. So it is with Biblical truth. Yes, there may be opinions as numerous as people, but we must not let them be taught among us if they are not solidly Biblical truths. In every home the father is responsible for knowing what is to be taught or not and in groups such as this there is staff leadership that looks out for the boundaries of propriety. It behooves us to be able to distinguish between a person holding an erroneous doctrine and the sincere person holding it and to prayerfully guide them into greater knowledge of the truth.

As exampled by Jolene's second quote above, there are many opinions that cause division among believers. This one, regarding the issue of hell is powerful. It is an emotionally charged issue and rightly so. No one whose heart is spiritually sensitive would desire an eternal torment for another. The concept of annihilation is taught by several groups for that reason, however, the Bible has many references to eternal afterlife for both the saved and the lost. A wider reading of the Bible on the issue will change our perspective to the one of the Bible.

Back