• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dr. Frank Turek

Asforme&myhouse

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
This little gem just popped up on YouTube for my viewing pleasure. I’ve not heard of this fellow before, but he might be someone to add to your debate invite list PeteR. He seems to have somewhat of a following.

In this video, not only does he ignore the context of the verse, but he also misquotes the passage. Not sure what version Dr. Turek is “quoting” from, when he said, “Deuteronomy 17:17 don’t multiply wives” but I haven’t been able to find a bible version that says what he claims it does.

His main argument in the video is that description does not equal prescription, which I agree with... however he then gives a descriptive passage and claims it as prescription.
“It doesn’t say Adam took several wives, he took eve... just because it’s described in the Bible doesn’t mean it’s prescribed”

I’m sorry, Dr. Turek, can you say that again? Ok say that one more time, reeeeeal sloooow 🤦🏻‍♂️

Turek is taking Deut 17:17 out of context.

Here is the whole chapter:

The King​

14 When you enter the land the Lord your God is giving you and have taken possession of it and settled in it, and you say, “Let us set a king over us like all the nations around us,” 15 be sure to appoint over you a king the Lord your God chooses. He must be from among your fellow Israelites. Do not place a foreigner over you, one who is not an Israelite. 16 The king, moreover, must not acquire great numbers of horses for himself or make the people return to Egypt to get more of them, for the Lord has told you, “You are not to go back that way again.” 17 He must not take many wives, or his heart will be led astray. He must not accumulate large amounts of silver and gold.

He is saying that the King must not take many wives lest his heart (and his loyalties) be led astray.

That didn't say not to have more than one wife, just not like an entire collection of them.

This little gem just [Turek] popped up on YouTube for my viewing pleasure. I’ve not heard of this fellow before, but he might be someone to add to your debate invite list PeteR.
The world has no shortage of Biblically-illiterate poseurs who Twist Scripture.

Might as well invite Senator Potted Plant from Pennsylvania...

PS> So, I tend to focus on the ones who claim to understand "Torah as Written" (because anyone can claim it's "done away with," so is immaterial, or that Pope Satan as the Vicar of Xist re-wrote it for him, etc) so there's no real debate anyway. It's those who CLAIM to believe what He really says that are of interest, or special treatment. (This applies to some Baptists as well, I've seen...)

Last edited:
I’m sorry, Dr. Turek, can you say that again? Ok say that one more time, reeeeeal sloooow 🤦🏻‍♂️
How to look dumb without even trying!!

Some of our sons had already seen that video. One asked "Why were the people clapping?" I said "Well, you know how when you bottle feed lambs and the milk hits their stomachs their tails wag? When you tickle someone's ears they clap."

That man asking for something solid to take back to his Bible student friends just got handed a paper mache "rock" that could be easily smashed....yet he seemed to accept it.
"I'm good with that" he said.

They LIE about the bible clearly teaching their position.....and the people gobble it up and cheer!
Unbelievable!

How to look dumb without even trying!!

Some of our sons had already seen that video. One asked "Why were the people clapping?" I said "Well, you know how when you bottle feed lambs and the milk hits their stomachs their tails wag? When you tickle someone's ears they clap."

That man asking for something solid to take back to his Bible student friends just got handed a paper mache "rock" that could be easily smashed....yet he seemed to accept it.
"I'm good with that" he said.

They LIE about the bible clearly teaching their position.....and the people gobble it up and cheer!
Unbelievable!
That’s so funny, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Why are they clapping?? He’s scooping out pig slop for them and they’re acting like it’s filet mignon.

Psalm 40:4 KJV
[4] Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

This little gem just popped up on YouTube for my viewing pleasure. I’ve not heard of this fellow before, but he might be someone to add to your debate invite list PeteR. He seems to have somewhat of a following.

In this video, not only does he ignore the context of the verse, but he also misquotes the passage. Not sure what version Dr. Turek is “quoting” from, when he said, “Deuteronomy 17:17 don’t multiply wives” but I haven’t been able to find a bible version that says what he claims it does.

His main argument in the video is that description does not equal prescription, which I agree with... however he then gives a descriptive passage and claims it as prescription.
“It doesn’t say Adam took several wives, he took eve... just because it’s described in the Bible doesn’t mean it’s prescribed”

Oh, that was painful to see. Living proof you don't need a shell to look like an egg. I'm not so sure I'm grateful for the link but thanks anyway.

Thanks!

Yes, i'll have to mock this one. While I agree with Mark that it is Bible illiteracy at its finest, it is an argument used by too many in the Messianic community that *claim* to be truth seekers.

Yes I'd love to see this one refuted.

Yea, I know this, Dr. Frank Turek. I used to go to church with him -- at the Southern Evangelical Seminary church, where i attended and took classes about 15 years ago. Frank is a likeable guy, but like his mentor Dr. Norman Geisler, he is really hard hearted towards obedience to torah, as most Evangelicals are, proof that intelligence is not necessarily an indicator of being qualified to lead in the Renewed Kingdom -- or even get in perhaps. It is sad to see so many self-professed Christians aspiring to an eternal reward that is not better than an eternal tee-shirt and a broom. Isaiah 61:5: "And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the foreigner be your ploughmen and your vinedressers."

The moronically dishonest "mono-equistrian" crew strikes again 🙄

Deut 17:16 "But he shall not multiply horses for himself..."

Verse 17 "Neither shall he multiply wives for himself..."

This man is full of crap unless he also condemns those who have multiple horses (and he is a moron if he does that).

LORD, please make note of this treachery

The man also lies when he say "you shall not" as the text clearly says "he (the king specifically) shall not".

Yea, I know this, Dr. Frank Turek. I used to go to church with him -- at the Southern Evangelical Seminary church, where i attended and took classes about 15 years ago. Frank is a likeable guy, but like his mentor Dr. Norman Geisler, he is really hard hearted towards obedience to torah, as most Evangelicals are, proof that intelligence is not necessarily an indicator of being qualified to lead in the Renewed Kingdom -- or even get in perhaps. It is sad to see so many self-professed Christians aspiring to an eternal reward that is not better than an eternal tee-shirt and a broom. Isaiah 61:5: "And strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, and the sons of the foreigner be your ploughmen and your vinedressers."
Yeah... those unintelligent, hardheaded, future servant-fodder, non-hebrew roots “christians” are just the worst aren’t they?!! I hate those guys 😒

Deut 17:17 is a pro-polygamy verse. If the rule was one and only one, then there would not be a need for a verse to not over do it.

It is one of a number of verses that would not make sense unless polygamy were permissible.

The reason why it applies to the king is because at that time the king was the only one who could afford a gazillion wives. Pretty much everyone else was limited by income.

In my opinion this principle would apply to the modern billionaire too. You are not supposed to have more wives than you can legit have a relationship with.

Deut 17:17 is a pro-polygamy verse. If the rule was one and only one, then there would not be a need for a verse to not over do it.

It is one of a number of verses that would not make sense unless polygamy were permissible.

The reason why it applies to the king is because at that time the king was the only one who could afford a gazillion wives. Pretty much everyone else was limited by income.

In my opinion this principle would apply to the modern billionaire too. You are not supposed to have more wives than you can legit have a relationship with.
Yes, sometimes those favourite anti polygamy verses can be used to prove the reality of polygamy. For those with eyes to see, polygamy is everywhere in the Bible.

Ohhhhh boy!

Ohhhhh boy!
Feedback desired... Tried something new for cover image and added some cards along. Really trying to figure out a way to coax interaction or even spark a public debate. Am linking BibFam in the info section but also hoping for our peeps ti watch and interact with these response videos... Need to share and raise in the public eye.

We always , always, always need to push for them to declare definitively that it either is or is NOT a sin. That is the primary issue. They have no legs if they'll stand on either side of that question. If they say it is a sin, then we press for them to prove it. If they say it is NOT a sin, then we say they are simply pushing tradition and can take a seat because Scripture employs polygyny as a valid form of marriage.

Back