• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Dr. Frank Turek

If they say it is NOT a sin, then we say they are simply pushing tradition and can take a seat because Scripture employs polygyny as a valid form of marriage
Agreed, but the argument seems to be that it's not a sin, but it's inadvisable. Like smoking, not a sin, but inadvisable and you should help people quit. Also, against the law of the nation, which you should be following. Obviously I know why that's all nonsense, it's just that the argument of it not being a sin is not as cut and dried as it should be.

Agreed, but the argument seems to be that it's not a sin, but it's inadvisable. Like smoking, not a sin, but inadvisable and you should help people quit. Also, against the law of the nation, which you should be following. Obviously I know why that's all nonsense, it's just that the argument of it not being a sin is not as cut and dried as it should be.
That is an understandable position for someone to take - but to be consistent if that is their position, they should then welcome polygamists into their church, as they're not in sin, just doing something inadvisable. You can point to them and say "don't do this kids" - but you don't reject them. Like you'd treat a smoker.

Feedback desired... Tried something new for cover image and added some cards along. Really trying to figure out a way to coax interaction or even spark a public debate. Am linking BibFam in the info section but also hoping for our peeps ti watch and interact with these response videos... Need to share and raise in the public eye.
Watched it already, thought it was great, but I wanted more from ya.
To get more feedback, you need comments. So make a call for comments, good or bad. That bumps the algorithm and puts the video in front of more people.
We always , always, always need to push for them to declare definitively that it either is or is NOT a sin. That is the primary issue.
100% agree with you on this. It's sin, or it's not. If it is, show me in scripture. If it's not, then go pound sand.
They have no legs if they'll stand on either side of that question. If they say it is a sin, then we press for them to prove it. If they say it is NOT a sin, then we say they are simply pushing tradition and can take a seat because Scripture employs polygyny as a valid form of marriage.
Absolutely, if it's not sin, then the idea of monogamy only is 100% a fabrication of mankind and as such extremely suspect. It could be a good rule, or it could be bad. Let's then look at this manmade command and see if it contradicts scripture, if so then it's against God and therefore bad. If it's not against God, then we can possibly use it. So then the question becomes, what has been the historic and practical result of this command of men. If those results are positive, then we can continue therein. If the results are negative, we should reject the command of men.

Simple flow chart.

@NickF I keep forgetting to ask for comments, but I am slowly getting additional subscribers and have had a few of these recent videos added to playlists others are hosting... a little leaven...

I will work hard on asking for subscriptions and comments as well as promote merch... Anything to push the needle!

Thank you for the feedback. Just an amateur editor and videographer trying to learn new skills to take the battle to the enemy!!

I will work hard on asking for subscriptions and comments as well as promote merch... Anything to push the needle!
I found it to be extremely helpful to write down an outtro, memorize it, set bullet points to bring the outline of the outtro into remembrance. Have a little segment in there where you simply ask "What do you think?" What would you have asked Dr Frank if you were in the audience? What kind of brownie do you like? What's your favorite controversial scriptural topic? Just anything to get a comment in the algorithm.
Thank you for the feedback. Just an amateur editor and videographer trying to learn new skills to take the battle to the enemy!!
You're killing it brother! Keep up the great work! I'm impressed and very glad to have videos to send friends and family.

I found it to be extremely helpful to write down an outtro, memorize it, set bullet points to bring the outline of the outtro into remembrance. Have a little segment in there where you simply ask "What do you think?" What would you have asked Dr Frank if you were in the audience? What kind of brownie do you like? What's your favorite controversial scriptural topic? Just anything to get a comment in the algorithm.

You're killing it brother! Keep up the great work! I'm impressed and very glad to have videos to send friends and family.
Thank you...

Feedback desired... Tried something new for cover image and added some cards along. Really trying to figure out a way to coax interaction or even spark a public debate. Am linking BibFam in the info section but also hoping for our peeps ti watch and interact with these response videos... Need to share and raise in the public eye.

We always , always, always need to push for them to declare definitively that it either is or is NOT a sin. That is the primary issue. They have no legs if they'll stand on either side of that question. If they say it is a sin, then we press for them to prove it. If they say it is NOT a sin, then we say they are simply pushing tradition and can take a seat because Scripture employs polygyny as a valid form of marriage.
Thanks for the link, Pete and another good YouTube video defending the truth.

Asking people to define their position from Scripture is key but if we can't point out their faulty understanding, we're going to lose the battles. We must push people to show us where the sin of Adultery is defined; where does it say in the Bible that it is the sin of adultery for a man with one wife to take another wife - if that other woman is free to marry? David committed the sin of adultery for taking a woman that belonged to another man - and was confronted over his obvious sin. I've had people walk away from the debate because they cannot define adultery from the Scriptures the way they want it defined.

I totally agree with you; We always , always, always need to push for them to declare definitively that it either is or is NOT a sin. That is the primary issue. We have to know how to challenge their bad hermeneutics and then do it!

Back