• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General Dr. Luck’s videos

Asforme&myhouse

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I was going back through and sharpening my polygyny apologetics skills, so I am going back through Dr. Luck’s videos on the topic (which are excellent by the way). In doing so, I noticed how few likes the videos had and how far down the list they are on a YouTube search. I would like to 1. encourage everyone here to watch them if you haven’t already, or rewatch them if you have, and 2. hit the thumbs up button to help boost them so they come up more quickly on YouTube. I noticed that some of them have only around 20 or 30 likes, and I know for sure that more people than that, have seen them and thought they were good.

These videos should be front and center when someone is looking to see if polygyny is biblical.

Here’s the link for the first one to get you started :) enjoy!!

Speaking of Dr. Luck’s videos, does anyone know if it’s possible to get hard copies of them? It looks like the folks who posted them haven’t posted anything in like 5 years. I would hate for that channel to go away and with it, those videos.

Speaking of Dr. Luck’s videos, does anyone know if it’s possible to get hard copies of them? It looks like the folks who posted them haven’t posted anything in like 5 years. I would hate for that channel to go away and with it, those videos.

I would guess that one could just download those to their computer and make hard copies.

I hesitate to dispense computer advice without giving the most important piece of computer advice first; computers are subject to spontaneous catastrophic failure, I would strongly recommend keeping your data thoroughly backed up. I am not saying this as a disclaimer, rather; I really don't like seeing people lose their data. Backups came thru for me many times.

Regarding your question...
As has been said, you can download the videos.
Specifically, a program called youtube-dl
http://yt-dl.org/
Download, and then in a terminal run
Code:
youtube-dl https://www.youtube.com/user/polygamyhq/videos
and it should download all 36 videos uploaded by Polygamy HQ.
The total size of all the videos that youtube-dl downloads by default is about 3825 MiB, or about 3.74 GiB.

If you are running Linux, Mac, or Windows; I can give more specific direction.

I was going back through and sharpening my polygyny apologetics skills, so I am going back through Dr. Luck’s videos on the topic (which are excellent by the way). In doing so, I noticed how few likes the videos had and how far down the list they are on a YouTube search. I would like to 1. encourage everyone here to watch them if you haven’t already, or rewatch them if you have, and 2. hit the thumbs up button to help boost them so they come up more quickly on YouTube. I noticed that some of them have only around 20 or 30 likes, and I know for sure that more people than that, have seen them and thought they were good.

These videos should be front and center when someone is looking to see if polygyny is biblical.

Here’s the link for the first one to get you started :) enjoy!!

I just ordered his book on Amazon. Yes, those videos are very good...foundational IMO.

He was once one of us.
Sadly, he stayed with a group that went their own way.

I hesitate to dispense computer advice without giving the most important piece of computer advice first; computers are subject to spontaneous catastrophic failure, I would strongly recommend keeping your data thoroughly backed up. I am not saying this as a disclaimer, rather; I really don't like seeing people lose their data. Backups came thru for me many times.

If you are a computer system administrator there are three things that are important:

1. Backups
2. Backups
3. Backups

Storage is mechanical and will fail. If data is important it should be backed up on a second device. If it is really important, then it should be backed up on a third device.

So cryptic...

One guy who was a leader and a pretty good scholar but who had character issues that no one knew about was scamming with a false account that did not get discovered until later. There was a power struggle and he ended up starting his own BF wanna-be organization and he took some other leaders/big players with him, but despite this the other org never really worked out because God was not with them.

BF has been around for a long time!

One guy who was a leader and a pretty good scholar but who had character issues that no one knew about was scamming with a false account that did not get discovered until later. There was a power struggle and he ended up starting his own BF wanna-be organization and he took some other leaders/big players with him, but despite this the other org never really worked out because God was not with them.

BF has been around for a long time!
Thanks, I’ve heard something went down (people keep referring to it) and i was just curious what it was. I appreciate your discretion in not mentioning names :) thanks for clueing me in!

Back