• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Electronic weirdness

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I am finding lately, possibly since the last Apple update, that I am not able to reply to a sentence or paragraph that I highlight in someone’s comment.
When I highlight it and click reply, nothing happens. I have found that if I click copy, then paste that into a reply, then return to the highlighted comment the reply button is still there and it will work at that point. So then I just erase what I copied and pasted and all is well.
A 5 step process instead of a 2 step process.

This is happening on my iPhone and may disappear with the next update, but I thought that I would mention it if anyone is having a similar problem.

This is happening on my iPhone and may disappear with the next update, but I thought that I would mention
This was happening to me as well. I just did the iOS update, 13.1.1, and it still isn’t perfect, but it’s much better. The same on another forum I’m on as well.

If it were just a problem with this website, it could be something we can fix. But if @Isaac is correct that this is occurring with other sites also, it's more likely to be an iOS & Android issue. It's strange that it's occurring with both operating systems at the same time though.

Can others check if this is affecting your use of other sites, or just this forum?

Can others check if this is affecting your use of other sites, or just this forum?

I don't know about other forums but it's not affecting this one and I'm running Android all the way

If it makes any difference, the other forum I’m on runs XenForo software as well. It’s better than it was before the iOS upgrade, but still having some issues. This is all from my iPhone. Haven’t been on my Windows laptop recently.

Something i have found to be effective is to wait several weeks after everyone else upgrades before I upgrade. That way all the bugs get ironed out so I don’t have to deal with them... hope that helps :rolleyes::p

Something i have found to be effective is to wait several weeks after everyone else upgrades before I upgrade. That way all the bugs get ironed out so I don’t have to deal with them... hope that helps :rolleyes::p
You sound like the IT guy at my work. Lol!

With Windows it is best to wait several years.

I haven’t updated. I HATE all the glitches. I’m not having issues. Well, my device isn’t having issues, :rolleyes:

For reasons beyond me, my phone is working on here again without any issues. Did someone do something?

For reasons beyond me, my phone is working on here again without any issues. Did someone do something?
Mine is improving
Somebody must be making adjustments in the program.

Back