• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Daughter_Of_The_King

Real Person
Female
9types.com

Let me tell you about this little gem called the Enneagram (Ann ee ah gram).

The enneagram is a type of personality test (the the Myer Briggs-MBTI-16 Personalities...but different) that tells you not only what type of person you are but also your emotional/mental health and what your type looks like at your healthiest and your most unhealthy points.

Now, before you go off about "Well, I don't want to be put in a box..." the enneagram doesn't put you in a box; it tells you what box you are already in, and shows you how to get out of it. (or grow to expand more.)

The enneagram, like the world we live in is a triad of triads, (for example we live in a triad of triads called Time, Matter and Space. Time=past, present, future. Matter = liquid, solid, gass. Etc.)
The enneagram is divided into 9 types, 3 for each triad:

There is the Heart Triad (type 2- The Helper, type 3 Achiever, type 4- Individualist) these types tend to think with their hearts. They can be more emotionally and relationally minded.

Next is the Head Triad (this would be Type 5-The Investigator, Type 6- The Loyalist, and Type 7- The Enthusiast) these people think with their heads. Logic is their platform by which they jump.

Last (and even first chronologically) is the Gut (or body) Triad. (Type 8-The Challenger [Mr. Veritas on the forum is an 8 ] Type 9- The Peacemaker, and Type 1-The Reformer.) These people tend to go with their gut or intuition.

In each type there is a scale between 1 and 9 as to how emotionally and mentally healthy you are. 1 being the best and 9 being the worst (don't get the levels of health confused with the types on the enneagram.)

Now, as to the type you are.
Some of you may already have an idea as to which you fit under, and that's great! That being said, it is still always fun to take a test that you can't technically fail.

The link at the top sends you to the test. When you take this test, have 2 or more people who know you well (spouse, siblings, parents, best friends) and read the questions out loud and see which one you are MOST like over all, not just here and there. There will be some that you can answer yes to both, do the one you are typically like.

Remember: if you think you're more pragmatic and down to earth, but your bestie says "No. You are romantic, you romanticize EVERYTHING" then that is perfectly fine. We as people see ourselves in one way because we tend to put blinders and rose colored glasses up.

After the test, go here:
www.enneagraminstitute.com/type-descriptions/
Select your Type and read about it. See if it fits. Scroll down and look at the healthy to unhealthy levels. See what you are.

As silly and goofy this may seem, I speak from experience as a Type 2, By knowing your emotional health, you can become more healthy. (For instance, when I am emotionally unhealthy, I become martyr-like. "I give myself out to so many people but I feel like no one even tries to be there for me." Or "I must be here for everyone else's needs. That means that if I share my needs with anyone then I will be being selfish and will cause someone to have to struggle with my needs." And to compromise that, I say "I have no needs." I didn't realize that until I had read that about myself and now, when I see myself heading that way, I can catch myself and remind myself of verses or call my best friend who showed me the enneagram. )

By knowing your type and others' types, you can be more forgiving, graceful, loving, and understanding. For instance, my boyfriend is a 5, he is of the ligical triad. When I am crying and sad, I need to be hugged and told everything will be okay. That is how I comfort. When he is comforting he tells me the LOGICAL reason as to why life is okay. Before I read about his type, I used to get upset at him because to me, that was him not caring. Now, I understand that that is him showing his love to me in one of the highest forms.

By understanding how your type and your spouse's types are together, you can have a stronger relationship with them. (Also shown in the previous example)

If you do end up doing all of this, I would love to know your type and talk about it with you. This is one of the few things I'm passionate about because I've seen how much it has helped me, grown me, helped my relationships and personal health and even drawn closer to God.

If you want a good book along the lines of the enneagram, look up "The Road Back To You"

Happy Days to you and yours,
Daughter_Of_The_King

Peacemaker, with strong helper and enthusiast traits. MB =ENFP. Wonder how these two personality profiles might overlap, complement or contradict each other. Love your NATURE and NURTURE comparison of them. @Daughter_Of_The_King , what are your results?

Last edited:
Peacemaker, with strong helper and enthusiast traits. MB =ENFP. Wonder how these two personality profiles might overlap, complement or contradict each other. Love your NATURE and NURTURE comparison of them. @Daughter_Of_The_King , what are your results?

I'm an ENFP And am a Type 2. Read the 2 and read the 9 and see which fits you the most. 2s in general can very much be peace makers and can get "diagnosed" as a 9

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

This test provides input to both the good side of a personality and the bad side. Since we are all made up of bad stuff as well as good stuff, to truly understand oneself they have to consider the bad as well. All of these labels can become prideful and defeat the purpose if only one side is looked at.

The world around us molds our personality and must be taken into consideration.

I typed as 5w4 Iconoclast.

I bristle a bit at the title Iconoclast but I found another site that called it the Visionary. I like that better.
Haha I feel ya. My boyfriend is a type 5 and some thing i love about 5s is they tend to have tons of random facts. I'm not sure if this applies to you, but 5s in general are the type to really look into finding knowledge.

I got Loyalist, it sounds a lot like an isfj, which is what I've tested as in the past. :)
My mom is a loyalist. Something i found as interesting about 6s is they plan for the worst. For instance, if a Loyalist finds a book on "How to Survive the End of the World" they will buy 4 in case the first 3 get stolen.

Granted, that is more of a haha exaggeration but it holds truth.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?

This test provides input to both the good side of a personality and the bad side. Since we are all made up of bad stuff as well as good stuff, to truly understand oneself they have to consider the bad as well. All of these labels can become prideful and defeat the purpose if only one side is looked at.

The world around us molds our personality and must be taken into consideration.
I agree. That is one reason why I like this better than the MBTI which simply tells people the good about yourself with a side not of "be careful because this personality tends to be more focused on xyz" whereas this shows true faults of Pride, selfishness, being self absorbed, feeling like only I know the truth, etc.

Anything can be Demonized and anything can be Christianized. That being said, this is to be used to grow in grace and Christ; not to be used to necessarily boast about "2s are better than 8s" or even ONLY looking at the good of 7s or ONLY looking at the bad of 1s.

Type 1?

I would agree about reforming, but I have little energy to reform the world, just my little bubble. I'm not sociable enough to reform the world.

Type 1?

I would agree about reforming, but I have little energy to reform the world, just my little bubble. I'm not sociable enough to reform the world.
Yet here you are..... hanging out with people who don’t accept the status quo.

I would agree about reforming, but I have little energy to reform the world, just my little bubble.

Ones are people of practical action—they wish to be useful in the best sense of the word. On some level of consciousness, they feel that they “have a mission” to fulfill in life, if only to try their best to reduce the disorder they see in their environment.

Don't resist your label because it's a label, embrace it. Yours is the calling that exceeds all others. Above you the sky stretches and below you the earth cracks.

Back