• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.
Well I don't think I can blame everything on him, but I could certainly try, lol.

I'll get him to do the test tonight and see what he gets. Then he can have fun analysing our results lol, he loves that sort of thing.

Def do! And have him read the ones you got and see what fits you best (don't forget to look at the emotional health levels too. ;) )

Tell me what you think and if you feel it fits you.
The interesting part was reading “Levels of Developenent”. As read levels 1-3, I could see a lot of who I am today. As I read the average and unhealthy levels, I saw things the way I was when I was young. So, I guess I’m growing up. :) The description talked about being a teacher. I’ve always seen myself as more of a coach.

The interesting part was reading “Levels of Developenent”. As read levels 1-3, I could see a lot of who I am today. As I read the average and unhealthy levels, I saw things the way I was when I was young. So, I guess I’m growing up. :) The description talked about being a teacher. I’ve always seen myself as more of a coach.

In a way, a coach is a teacher and a teacher is a coach.

As far as being able to say you see the more unhealthy levels showing up in your past, I can relate. Some days, I end up a type 2 level 4 or 5, and even some of 7 when I'm typically a level 2 or 3.

This is the unhealthy me:

Level 4: Want to be closer to others, so start "people pleasing," becoming overly friendly, emotionally demonstrative, and full of "good intentions" about everything. Give seductive attention: approval, "strokes," flattery. Love is their supreme value, and they talk about it constantly.

Level 5: Become overly intimate and intrusive: they need to be needed, so they hover, meddle, and control in the name of love. Want others to depend on them: give, but expect a return: send double messages. Enveloping and possessive: the codependent, self-sacrificial person who cannot do enough for others—wearing themselves out for everyone, creating needs for themselves to fulfill.

Level 7: Can be manipulative and self-serving, instilling guilt by telling others how much they owe them and make them suffer. Abuse food and medication to "stuff feelings" and get sympathy. Undermine people, making belittling, disparaging remarks. Extremely self-deceptive about their motives and how aggressive and/or selfish their behavior is.
(Only the top half for this for me)

And when I'm healthy, (have had enough sleep, have been studying and being a Psalms 1 "meditate day and night" girl, and keeping in contact with the Father) this is what I look like

Level 2: Empathetic, compassionate, feeling for others. Caring and concerned about their needs. Thoughtful, warm-hearted, forgiving and sincere. Level 3: Encouraging and appreciative, able to see the good in others. Service is important, but takes care of self too: they are nurturing, generous, and giving—a truly loving person.

I don't say this to boast about "How great I am as a 2" lol.

I say it to give a comparison of what I can see in my life when I am doing what I need to, or not. I guess it's a large reason as to why I promote the enneagram to a certain level. It's not a cure all and fix all, but it's a great tool to have to know the signs of "awe snap! Don't touch the witch, she's fragile and needs Jesus" type of thing.

I had a similar problem in taking the test. Many of the choices were equally true and I could see that this happened due to spiritual/personal development. As such I didn't even have a proper wing type and a lot of similarly strong minor types.

Ok, so, it turns out I did the wrong test... I did some sample thingy of a different way of doing the test, I don't know.

New test! Now I'm a 2. But when I got Samuel to read them he put me as more of a 6. However, I feel like I'm some of them both, and none of them both. I don't read it and have stuff jumping out at me, it's all a bit meh really.
What frustrates me is that yes, I'm a helper for sure, but I'm also an introvert. This test doesn't take that into account. It reads like the helpers are off in everyone's homes helping out and constantly have a house full of people. That's not me.
I'm an ISFJ, and that makes complete sense to me. I feel that covers me more. I fit in it (yes, I fit in a box, that's the last time you'll see me say that!).

Samuel did it, and he's a 5. He's totally a 5, lol. It works well for him. It just doesn't really work well for me.

Back