• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Essential Oils

WifeOfHisYouth

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Do any of you use essential oils? I’ve recently purchased a kit from young living and have started to incorporate oils into our daily lives.

I am shocked how well they work and am loving using more natural tools to remedy different issues.

What are some of your favorite oils and uses for them?

I love:
-thieves for cleaning
-frankincense is AMAZING for skin issues and rashes
-grapefruit and citrus in my water
-peppermint to freshen the bathroom

This month I am ordering Dragon Time..

Dragon Time is a proprietary blend of Fennel, Clary Sage, Marjoram, Lavender, Blue Yarrow, and Jasmine essential oils. Its sweet, herbaceous aroma can help promote feelings of stability and calm during occasional times of moodiness. :p:D;)

Haha I’m excited to get this one to help steady my ups and downs. I’m sure hubs will appreciate that :oops::)

YES! I am a Young Living distributor and have been using essential oils for almost 8 years. I LOVE THEM! My favorite is theives and lavendar. I have a closet full of their oils. I also like the bergamot for cholesterol. I have big book tjat list ailments and the oils to use for each. I will bring it ti the retreat of you are going and would like to loom at it.

YES! I am a Young Living distributor and have been using essential oils for almost 8 years. I LOVE THEM! My favorite is theives and lavendar. I have a closet full of their oils. I also like the bergamot for cholesterol. I have big book tjat list ailments and the oils to use for each. I will bring it ti the retreat of you are going and would like to loom at it.
I won’t be there, but what is the book? I’d love to get to know more about the natural remedies.
I haven’t been selling it, because I’m just using it for our family’s health and learning more about them. They sure are amazing.

I would like to, but Samuel doesn't think they work, and they're much too expensive to buy based on "maybe they will, let's try it".
Does anyone know of any scientific trials showing that they work?

I can say from personal experience- my kiddo had a bad eczema like rash in the backs of his knees, I started adding 1-2 drops of frankincense and lavender to the rash and it completely disappeared within a week. I have the progression pictures.

My personal experience is an onfection that set in from surgery on the incision. They gave me antibiotics that made me sick but it did clear. I went swimming too soon and the infection came back Jim applied Tea Tree oil to the infected incisions every 2 hours for 2 or 3 days. Theninfection cleared up and the doctor was never the wiser. I was convinced after that.

We’ve used some off and on from head to toe and some internally as well. I’m a believer and user for sure!!! I love orange, lemon grass, rosemary and thyme...well I love a lot more too.
I have a big book I refer to to weekly. I’m hoping to make some from our herbs this summer.

I’ve used both oils and homeopathics in my home and been thrilled with how well they’ve worked for us! I’m currently trying to educate myself more on natural remedies and am so glad to see that y’all have some experience and wisdom in these areas.

I love them too. Clary sage is wonderful for irritability with pms and cramps. I use Plant Therapy's oils. I just ordered one called A+ Attention to help my daughter focus during school and I am finding it actually helps me stay focused too! ;) Peppermint is great for tummy aches and so is frankincense.

I use them daily. I love Young Living but I also really like DoTERRA and was a DoTERRA distributor. I use a mix of oils on my hair and skin. I also clean my house with vinegar and oregano oil, it smells very analgesic. I also make cleaning wipes lavender and lemon is my favorite or Oragano and Lemongrass.
I have made "morphine boms" out of Oragano and frankincense in gel caps works great for headaches.

I have a large list of natural products I make and sell some have essential oils others do not but all are organic and promote natural healing.

Have fun on the journey its fun!

I love them too. Clary sage is wonderful for irritability with pms and cramps. I use Plant Therapy's oils. I just ordered one called A+ Attention to help my daughter focus during school and I am finding it actually helps me stay focused too! ;) Peppermint is great for tummy aches and so is frankincense.

I would love to know more about this A+ oil mix. Where did you buy it from and how well has it helped your daughter?

I don't know very much about essential oils, and we've only used them a little bit. I'm not really convinced they do all they claim to do but they may. I think the citrus ones smell amazing though! But some of them are highly toxic, so we make sure they are locked away from little hands just like over the counter medicine.

I hope you like your new kit and have fun with them. :)

In my BIG book it provides a list of oils that will work for a particular ailment. But..if peppermint works for me for a headache it may not for someone else. Just go down the list until you find what oil works best for you. Our bodies differ from each other and react differently to the oils, so what may work for one may not work another.

We love thieves! Others are nice, but that is one I don't want to be without.
One particularly nice use is killing the smell after some jobs. When one "cleans" chickens for example, you don't want your hands to smell for the rest of the day...or longer like THEY need to be cleaned. A drop of theives oil in a little lotion or soap will eliminate that odor. It doesn't just cover it...it kills it. I had a sick ewe once that I gave another ewe's cud to. She didn't appreciate it in her feeling-sick-state and I ended up with that smell on me. Theives to the rescue! I use it with soap to clean my milking equipment too, and for other household cleaning....or deodorizing. Food go bad in a dish? Now you know how to make that dish useable again.
This is sounding a bit like a commercial, and I am no distributor! Lol

I do highly reccomend it though!

I have 6 dogs of which 4 are in and out of the house. I diffuse citrus fresh on a regular basis to keep that "dog" smell out of the house. But I do clean with Thieves cleaners.

I’ve dabbled in essential oils but always end up with a nasty headache, Even if I’m just defusing them for the smell (which is odd because I love burning smelly candles.)

I use tea tree as my go to disinfectant instead of rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. Lavender as an antibiotic inflammatory. Eucalyptus for breathing issues. Peppermint for fevers.. I could go on and on..

I’ve dabbled in essential oils but always end up with a nasty headache, Even if I’m just defusing them for the smell (which is odd because I love burning smelly candles.)
Do you dilute them or try to use them straight people have different levels of sensitivity so its possible you need to really dilute them.

I use tea tree as my go to disinfectant instead of rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. Lavender as an antibiotic inflammatory. Eucalyptus for breathing issues. Peppermint for fevers.. I could go on and on..

Do you dilute them or try to use them straight people have different levels of sensitivity so its possible you need to really dilute them.

I didn’t realize you were supposed to dilute them:confused:

Yes you need to dilute :) Generally like 8-10 drops to 1 Tablespoon carrier oil (like olive, almond, jojoba) but it depends on the essential oil some are more powerful than others and what you're using it for. The dilution rate I gave is pretty common though.

Back