• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

EVERYTHING against the LAW

It jus' depends on Who ya serve, MD. ;)

The prince of this world is a nasty slavemaster, but those whom our Savior has made free are "free indeed".

Blessings,

Mark

Yes, Thank you for returning the thread to its original course Paul, I led it astray and apologies.

On topic here, The Raw Milk Crusade!

Michael Schmidt has put his business and freedom on the line for the last 20 years shipping raw milk straight from his dairy. At one point his things such as milkers and cheese making equipment was seized by the police.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0810 ... ?printer=1

Is a small summary of the story. It's becoming something of a freedom of choice debate. Members of Parliament and various health and agricultural ministers have told people what their opinions should be. Milk companies said what he was doing should be considered manslaughter. No one's gotten sick yet.

This is the kind of guy I respect for actually doing something. I hope I get opportunities to support him.

Tlaloc said:
In this case raw milk refers to milk which has not been pasteurized.

That makes sense then. Then of course you must have a cow or goat. I was raised on fresh milk with cream that sat thick on top. We would strain the straw and flies out, chill it, and drink it. Later we acquired a small heating pan that was designed to let milk be pasteurized, so we were "up town" when we started using that. But as I remember, milk that mother, aunt, and grandmother were going to cook with was not pateurized as they could not see the point. We had so much milk, we dated it, and tossed out the old. The cream made good butter. The beef was difficult to eat for some since we had personal names for each steer or cow or bull. Difficult for my cousins maybe, but my brothers and sisters and I would not let sentimental value stand in the way of a hamburger with homegrown tomato and lettuce and onion.

welltan said:
The beef was difficult to eat for some since we had personal names for each steer or cow or bull. Difficult for my cousins maybe, but my brothers and sisters and I would not let sentimental value stand in the way of a hamburger with homegrown tomato and lettuce and onion.

You reminded me of the downside of living on a family farm!

Rule Number 1: Do not name your animals!

I never will forget the first time I was fed a pet chicken that I had rescued from a chicken hawk! Trauma of traumas!

Usually whole milk from known resources will be ok, but since there is no way to inexpensively or quickly test for pathogens, I don't recommend the practice. I drank it as a kid, and later found that some of the ear infections I suffered proabably came from raw milk. You can still buy inexpensive home pasturizing kits, and it really doesn't lower the nutritional value of the milk, so why not pasturize it?

Also, raw milk does taste differen't, and if you aren't prepared for the taste, you won't like it.

Well,
Naming you're animals, priceless.

Rusty,
Some people think the active bacteria in unpasteurized milk provides health benefits. Plus pasteurized milk putrefies instead of souring, and you can't do very much with consumer end milk that's heavily processed (like make cheeses or yogurt or sour creme). Some people want to be able to buy milk farmer direct, but that is illegal here. There is no doubt you need to have a good, trusted farm to buy it from if you're going to drink it.

Either way the crux of the issue for Michel Schmidt is freedom of choice. Some people want to buy farmer direct milk, and some want to simply drink unpasteurized milk.

That would be quite the day to be fed the chicken you saved the life of...

welltan said:
How do you make your own raw milk at home? I have made soy milk, if that is what you mean.

What I mean is I made my own HUMAN milk!! Really the best all around stuff!(I was being funny) You can actually purchase it pasteurized at LOTS of money per ounce but only with a prescription. Ther is a company in California that is now MARKETING donated human milk something that is completely new.(I think it's explotive) All milk in non profit milk banks http://www.hmbana.org/
is pasteurized something that is know to destroy some value in the milk. Cross nursing/wet nursing/clandestine human milk donation is not something that is officially sanctioned by medical profesion or even my profesion (lactation consultant) at least not for industrialized nations becausee of the risks of spreading disease through human milk. There is MUCH controversy about all that. Do you all know that if you are HIV positive then you are told to formula feed your baby but only in industrialized nations. WHO reccomnends that everyone in 3rd world nations breastfeed regardless of HIV status. Anyhow, lots more to this topic. Won't bore you. Go back to your farm animals.

Marichu said:
What I mean is I made my own HUMAN milk!! Really the best all around stuff!(I was being funny) You can actually purchase it pasteurized at LOTS of money per ounce but only with a prescription.

LOL! OK ... I completly missed the joke! . . .

Well that makes sense also. Sorry for the discussion going down the wrong rabbit trail. We admire you for your natural approach to birth and early infant care. Keep up the good work.

Who do you agree with about milk Marichu?

It may be a rabbit trail, but it seems like an interesting one. Anndrea breastfeeds (interestingly enough our doctor commented she could be a wet nurse, DDD and lots of milk, I wonder if that will come into play in our future) but the HIV problem doesn't apply to us. What is you're view on that issue as a lactation consultant?

We have had dairy goats for years. We all drink the milk raw and have never had an ear infection in any of our six children.
On the subject of laws.... I find it impossible to believe Romans 13 is speaking of civil rulers when they do not fit the description given. The laws that this thread is talking about are a good example af what I mean.
The FDA wants to 'protect' people from the dangers of raw milk but more people are poisoned from bad food eating out. The FDA also approves drugs with known side effect that are far more dangerous.

In a earlier post : - ) said "Since the Lord changed my heart so many years ago, I've had this "vision" (you know, the foggy, insubstantial, can't-quite-put-your-finger-on-it kind) in which a network of communities of God-fearing people, "... they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus" (Rev. 14:12), serving as the bastions of God-fearing culture and the seeds from which the Kingdom of God would take root and grow.

Communities of families ..."

If this idea interests you you might enjoy reading what is the ecclesia by Ben Williams.
http://www.benwilliamslibrary.com/ecclesia1.htm

Back