• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Expectation vs Reality (with a twist)

Wonderfully presented!
We lived each expectation picture. We now are in the reality ones, thank God! It happens when love is there. PTL!

Oh it feels like those earlier ones should be switched for my case. I was too optimist on thinking everything with the Missouri wife was good when we met. :(

Oh it feels like those earlier ones should be switched for my case. I was too optimist on thinking everything with the Missouri wife was good when we met. :(
Ah, so sorry! How long were they looking into plural before meeting you?

Ah, so sorry! How long were they looking into plural before meeting you?

Years, met through Sisterwives site, talked through most of the pandemic do when I was finally able to meet them, thought everything was fine, some bumps along the way, but only got nervous of how the wife was on the next to last day. I mean, I knew the wife was very co-dependent on her husband (even on a psychological level) but I thought we were all fine, went on a short trip for their kids school clothes, etc. then when I left, I got ghosted. Only thing I can think of is that in the end, the wife couldn’t get over having to share her husband.

Same here the difference is I stayed and it is still that way. Waiting and praying for it to change to the Reality ones again.

I said this a long time ago that the reality of poly is a lot more domestic than the world thinks. If you can handle the domestic things then the good times happen on their own and they can happen often!

Basically, it seems like it is more "family". There are good families and bad families, happy and miserable families. Polygyny makes more family, and comes with both the blessings and difficulties of family.

Basically, it seems like it is more "family". There are good families and bad families, happy and miserable families. Polygyny makes more family, and comes with both the blessings and difficulties of family.
Well said.
If it’s bad family to begin with, it’s just more bad family.
Good family can go south with the wrong addition, but lousy family cannot ever be improved by adding someone.

Good family can go south with the wrong addition, but lousy family cannot ever be improved by adding someone.
Gold, plain gold right there.
Thus, the extreme importance men making good choices in who they bring in, and in return single women evaluating who they decide to join to (before marriage!)

Same here the difference is I stayed and it is still that way. Waiting and praying for it to change to the Reality ones again.

I wish I had the choice but what sucks about it more, that the girls had dropped a secret that the couple had bought me an engagement ring so...

I wish I had the choice but what sucks about it more, that the girls had dropped a secret that the couple had bought me an engagement ring so...
Ouch :(

Back