• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Family worship/devotions

Bartato

Seasoned Member
Male
I recently came across this video by Joel Beeke on family worship and appreciated it. I recommend checking it out.

Do you guys do something similar? If so, would you mind sharing what works well for your family?

Thanks for the link. I agree with what they are saying and have made reading God's Word and prayer a part of family life since the first day my wife and I were married. I began reading and praying daily with my second wife before we married. When reading through the Bible I've made a point of asking, where are the instructions for Sunday school teachers and youth pastors?? God calls those people "fathers" in His Word. Fathers have a lot to answer for on the day of judgement for their failures to their families!

Thanks for the link. I agree with what they are saying and have made reading God's Word and prayer a part of family life since the first day my wife and I were married. I began reading and praying daily with my second wife before we married. When reading through the Bible I've made a point of asking, where are the instructions for Sunday school teachers and youth pastors?? God calls those people "fathers" in His Word. Fathers have a lot to answer for on the day of judgement for their failures to their families!
I generally haven't done this with my wife, and that is something that will change.

Back