• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Family Worship

Do you ever worship together as a family using your own instruments?

• Of course we do. Silly question.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • We'd like to, but nobody plays an instrument.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Never really thought about it, but now that you mention it, I might be interested.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • That's not really our bag. Thanks, but no thanks.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Funny story about my djembe;
I think that it happened at the retreat when it was brand-new.
I set it next to the couch and came back later to find that a dear brother had mistaken it for an end table. He had set his drink on it's goatskin head and left it there. Use your imagination about my feelings at that point. ;) But it was all good and the drink was not cold enough to sweat on it.
Actually, now that I think about it, a sweat ring would have just added character. (As if it's owner is not enough of a character)

How Great Thou Art is my all time favorite Christian song and that was a very, very cool video for sure! I'm giggling, though, at the thought of a bunch of BibFam'ers getting together at a weekend retreat trying to even come up with some simililance of unity on a bunch of instruments, especially various percussion instruments and not making a mess out of a song! BUT, I don't think the Lord will mind and I sure know we would all have a blast trying! Sooooo, bring it on!!!! I'm game! :lol:

That's the plan.... :eek: ;)

Bring your git to Brenham sometime and we'll see what we can come up with! :)

cnystrom said:
As far as playing instruments, I did play at Backyard Fest in 2010.

Excellent show. Great backup / dance crew. To bad about the cloudy neighbors! :lol: :lol:

BYF rocks!

Chris,
In your vid you remind me of John Goodman. You even sound like him.

The girls came over to the truckstop (Roadtrip!!) at Gadsden AL where I am stuck for the weekend and I broke out the two CDs that I bought of Cheryl's piano worship.
We all greatly enjoyed what we sampled and the addition of what Cheryl wrote in the J-cover blew Ali away. Expect to hear from her. :D

Very cool! Glad you like! :D

Hey There Andrew...

I went down to the music store and bought a brand spankin' new pair of drumsticks!

I am very much looking forward to you showing me a few pointers on your drum set. I appreciate you offering to do that for me. It really means a lot to me that you would take your valuable time to do so. I'm really excited and can hardly wait for the Summer Retreat to roll around the bend! YeeeHaaa!!!!

With Lots of Love in the Lord,
Deborah

Nice!

Yeah, we can't wait either for this summer thang. Looks like it's going to be a blowout! See you there!

Back