• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

FAQ: Talking to Two Families At Once

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
I don't want to get locked in right off the bat. I want to meet and get acquainted with several families. Maybe one will become mine. Maybe not. I'd like to build and retain friendships with all. What do I DO?

That is a totally valid strategy. Probably even the best. Certainly one which the BF Staff applauds.

Openness is the key. State your position right off the bat. And stay very, very open.

One single member invested 6+ months talking with a particular family. Then she started talking with one or perhaps two others.

Unfortunately, she told two of the men rather different stories about her feelings and relationship to them and each other.

A lady's right? Perhaps. But, as the men happened to be Heart Brothers (the male equivalent of BFF), they got together and compared notes one day, which was THEIR right. That ended either one's willingness to continue the friendship / courtship.

Both know she's a real person. Both continue to care about her and her future. Neither seeks to be part of it -- trust was destroyed. All lost out. Sad, bad outcome for everyone. Transparency truly is key.

Related FAQ Topics and Links:

Related BF Forum Discussions:

Back