• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Fear, Insulin, and a Woman's Pancreas.

NurseMo

Real Person
Female
I’m going to go out on a limb here and post something that has been on my heart here lately. I feel the need to explain a woman to a man in a very different way than what I’ve seen/read. Perhaps this might help someone one or it may just be an exercise for me. Perhaps it may offend, and my apologies in advance. I know men are generally interested in how things work. Ie: I pull this lever and X happens. While I’m not mechanically inclined and the audience is primarily to men, I’m going to choose a neutral ground here: (medicine) because that’s what I know. So here it goes:

Women have two glands. The Security gland and the Fear gland. These glands have an inverse relationship. As Fear goes up, Security goes down and vice versa. Now, you must have some levels of each to stay functioning. This is much like blood sugar and insulin. You must have some blood sugar (ie Fear) to keep your body running (Fear of Yehovah, fear of consequences, etc). When your blood sugar gets too high (fear) your pancreas (woman’s ability to work through her fears) should secrete insulin (security) to bring the blood sugar levels back to normal-low range.

Now, (stay with me here), there are 2 types of diabetes.

Type 1 : the pancreas literally doesn’t work. In order to live, one must have an outside source of insulin (security…given by you). This is the woman who relies 100% on a man’s ability to inject security all. The time. She has little to no ability to work through her fears

Type 2 (the pancreas is either tired [type 2a] or the body’s cells are resistant to the insulin [type 2b]). Type 2 diabetics may need outside sources of insulin from time to time. Fear levels are higher than normal but the pancreas does work on some level. This woman is more fearful, has the ability to secrete security but it’s not as effective as it once was (because the fear gland is in overdrive and the pancreas is working harder than normal or she’s type 2b where the pancreas secrets security but for whatever reason, her cells cant’ use it to bring down the fear. This is the classic head/heart issue where the head logically sends the message but her heart/emotions can’t follow)

Regardless of what type of diabetes a woman has, there are times when insulin (security) must come from an outside source. It is ideal for a woman not to have diabetes at all, and most of us strive for that, but for the sake of this analogy, women can fluctuate from NOT being diabetic to bouncing back and forth from between Type 1 or the Type 2s depending on the subject. Not so in real life, but I digress…

Single men: you want to marry a woman who does not have diabetes (especially Type 1) most of the time. You want her pancreas (ability to secrete her own security) to work most of the time.

If you are a man and your wife/potential wife is a type 1 diabetic most of the time, for a very long time, then PM is most likely not going to work for you. Ever. You want a functioning pancreas in a woman.

OK. So, now that we have a basic understanding of how a woman works, and that we don’t want a type 1 diabetic, lets put this to practical use.

As a man, the best thing for you to do, if you haven’t done it already, is make an environment (your home/family) the best that it can be for a Type 1 diabetic. Because, when you first introduce PM to your FW, that’s what she becomes for a time. Her pancreas shuts down, fear SKYROCKETS, and you have to give massive amounts of security to get through it (maybe even an insulin (security) IV drip in ICU!). Now, if your environment consists of nothing but items found in a donut shop, you can’t expect her (or you) to succeed in getting her pancreas to start working again now can you? She has no choice but to eat the junk and rely on your security/iv drip. Now, if you provide a well balanced home, she has the choice. She can either choose to eat the well balanced food and avoid the junk and keep her fear levels low, OR she can still choose to focus on the junk and never get anywhere. Again, she will need extra security, but at least she’s in an environment that fosters the ability to follow, submit, and work through her fears. She has a responsibility too. Responsibility to listen, examine scripture and herself, and to work with you and through issues. If she continuously refuses and decides to focus on the junk, then you, my dear sir, have decision(s) to make.

So a few years ago, I was in the throws of being a Type 1 diabetic and I had to see for myself if this PM thing was all a bunch of hogwash being crammed down my throat because my-husband-turned-out-to-be-a-creep-after-a-decade, OR if it was really something that could work. At this stage, I was extremely cynical and skeptical regarding PM. I was LOOKING for a family to prove me right about how sick and disgusting this PM really was. I shall not name names, but I went and visited a family. And boy was I wrong. That Man, somehow made an environment, built and had good relationships with his wives (and they with each other) and….not only proved a cynic like me wrong, but to my complete surprise, made me not want to leave his family. And I wasn’t even physically/emotionally ATTRACTED to That Man!!!! What attracted me was his FAMILY. His household and everyone in it. So I visited again, because, of course, they were just putting on a front. Nope. I visited over and over. For months. They were the same every single time. They counseled, corrected and re-assured me (both verbally and by example). Guys, I’m serious, make your FAMILY a place where a woman doesn’t want to leave. Your FW, SW, some other guys wife who needs support…..it changes lives. It changed my life, and I was just a passerby!

Anyway, my husband also made a very good environment prior to PM. SW once told me that she had never been in a home where she felt that much at peace. (I had a very hard time seeing things clearly in the beginning because of 1. Ill advised choices on hubby’s part and 2. I was being a Type 1 diabetic focusing on the donuts in a well-balanced home. My Fear gland was in serious overdrive which is one reason why I went and visited That Man and his family so often. To be clear, my husband was supportive of these visits and there was no funny business going on. I’m still not attracted to That Man…sorry Man).

Anyway, from personal experience, a man’s family can and will attract women. Whether wives stay or go, that’s on them. You’ve done your part. Give insulin (security) when they need it but expect that they get their pancreas in order. Do not let your wife/potential wife suck you into a situation where one or both of them are type 1 diabetics all the time for good. Give them ample time, space, insulin, grace, go slow and all that, but stand firm in the direction you feel called to lead your family and don’t be afraid. Be honest, be clear, be consistent. Communicate. Set and respect boundaries. If you’re wondering what’s wrong with your wife(s) It’s most likely an issue that has to do with Fear. Figure out how to help her get her pancreas working and give some insulin if she needs it. Your job is to provide a good environment and give her insulin. Her job is to keep her pancreas working.

Last edited:
for the sake of this analogy, women can fluctuate from NOT being diabetic to bouncing back and forth from between Type 1 or the Type 2s depending on the subject.
So true!

Loved the analogy. How do you think a woman can best get her pancreas working again, or working better, so she doesn't need regular insulin shots? Does it only come thru the husband and his making the family "good food"? Interested to hear what you think. Nice to see you on the Forum NurseMO. :)

You have said a dadgum mouthful.
I just want to doubledown on Type 1 not being a permanent state, it is a choice that can be grown out of, given a healthy environment.

Well said! I’d just like to add that IMO, the number one fear that shuts down a FW is the fear of abandonment or being replaced by a newer/different model in the home or in affections. The rest of it is mostly academic and logistics.

The man you are before you present poly to your wife will alleviate her primary fear or will set it in stone. How observant you are at recognizing this fear and injecting the proper medication in the proper doses at the right time will go far in setting the stage where she feels secure enough to examine the topic objectively.

I’d just like to add that IMO, the number one fear that shuts down a FW is the fear of abandonment or being replaced by a newer/different model in the home or in affections. The rest of it is mostly academic and logistics.

I’m so glad that you said this! I’ll be honest, we’ve been doing this for a little over a year (yes, we’re still newbies ;)) And sometimes I find myself enjoying life and the blessings (SW, added wife for the husband, larger family) that come with this. But, the ONE thing that will pop up and disrupt my peace is my insecurity. The fear that I just don’t stack up now.

@NurseMo, I loved your post! ❤️

number one fear that shuts down a FW is the fear of abandonment or being replaced by a newer/different model in the home or in affections

I suppose we're all different, but for me the kicker is my perceptions of his wants and/or preferences. He prefers someone over me. Win/loose, competition, envy/strife.....bad bad bad....

How do you think a woman can best get her pancreas working again, or working better, so she doesn't need regular insulin shots

Hi JULIE!!! It's been a while and I've missed you! Well, I'm still learning and haven't figured it all out yet, but I'll take a crack at it:

The first thing you do is examine yourself and your thoughts and try to figure out the underlying issue. High levels of Fear is a symptom of an underlying issue. In women, Fear is often buried under several layers and it takes work to get to it. If all you ever do is treat the symptom and don't work on solving the issue, you're always going to be a Type 2 diabetic. The goal? Do not be a diabetic 90+% of the time.

I think most women struggling in PM are Type 2a (pancreas is functioning, but tired) or Type 2b (functioning pancreas, but the cells can't utilize the insulin (security) to bring down the fear). The hardest, by far is the Type 2b, where I typically reside when I"m a diabetic. And I'll be honest, I haven't figured a solution to that one yet. I have a theory that it just takes time, consistency (on the man's part), and submission to Yehovah.

Does it only come thru the husband and his making the family "good food"

Nope. Men can do everything right, but a woman has to take responsibility for her own thoughts, feelings, words, and actions. She must examine herself just as critically as she does her husband/PM. She must examine Scripture and go before Yehovah. She must surround herself with other women who are older and wiser and listen/learn from them. I purposely surround myself with other women who love me enough to challenge me, my thinking, and tell me when I'm wrong but do it in love. Many times, my "security" injections came from Scripture/prayer, music, you, That Man and his family, and other places/people when I was too messed up to hear or believe what my husband was saying. I have very few whom I would call friends. Most women just hear another woman's complaint, jump on the bandwagon, and cheer on as they all careen off a cliff (and think it's a good thing!) So, fixing your pancreas/getting it to work better often comes from other places, not just from the husband.

@NurseMo Thanks so much for a well-thought out analogy of the biological factors of diabetics (type 1 and 2's) with the PM relationships of husbands and F'W, SW, PW, etc. You've given such a clear presentation!

Now, my question for you is this and feel free to PM me if you feel it best. I'm neither Type 1 nor Type 2a or 2b biologically, for which I'm very thankful. However within 6 months following my husband's death I developed an extreme sugar allergy. My body has totally tanked twice due to this dilemma and under significant amounts of stress--physical or emotional--it flares. So I'm very interested in your take on this aspect. I've done some research, but still have not found anything conclusive nor have I ever heard of anyone else who has this diagnosis. My naturapathic doctor is the one who was able to successfully identify the problem and ionic silver produced in the Schumann frequencies (7.83 Hertz) Solfeggie frequencies, and enhanced with the frequency (528 Hertz) is a topical solution plus going to an absolutely "no sugar" diet for an extended period of time allows my body to balance and stabalize. Based upon your analogy of the emotional connection for a woman and the timing within which this developed for me, there has to be a connection. Hope to hear from you soon on this. Thanks again for allowing Yeshua to use your calling in life to enlighten our BF community on this topic.

Most men in the church I have run into think security = making enough money and having enough things and so work very very hard and dote on everyone. This frequently ends badly.

A woman can be dirt poor and lacking in necessities and still feel secure.

Others think catering to her fears will alleviate them. This also causes issues.

She feels secure when she knows you are a strong leader.

Security also comes from consistency. Is the man constantly wavering and moving from project to project, job to job, house to house, so on and so on. Change is good, but second wives a want the security of knowing you stick with commitments.
I would definitely agree with you on this. However, I would also add that the 1st wife wants and needs security as well.

Then comes the question: Why does a man not need security in the same manner that a woman needs security? (or maybe I have this all wrong! Does a man feel the intense need for security? I'm not a man so I don't know how you guys feel or process on this issue.)

My thoughts are that his head, Christ, never wavers, vassilates, and "changes not". That's his role model. Though the man is definitely human, as that man emulates and strives to be Christ-like in his relationships, then the stedfastness and stability he enjoys with his Head becomes the same state of existence he provides for his 1st wife, 2nd, etc. and children. To the extent he yields to his head, to that extent it becomes a joy for his other relationships--wife, wives, and/or children to yield to him.

What about the single man? His head never goes away, even if a wife leaves or dies. Perhaps he has never married. IMO that does not diminish his need for a personal and intimate relationship. However, his stability, his security has never changed.

What about the single woman? If she leaves her father's house or her father dies, she is w/o an earthly covering unless she dwells with a male next of kin who is willing to assume that covering--grandfather, uncle, older or younger brother.

If she separates, is divorced, or widowed, she is forced to see Christ as her head and covering which becomes very difficult because there is no human, tangible dynamic. God designed every human for a personal human relationship. In the absence of the human relationship the single man or woman has the choice to draw near to the One Who loves them most. They can choose to want to heal, desire, dream, and allow YHWH to guide them into their choice of having another personal human relationship.

Back