• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Feast of Trumpets

C

Cap

September 30, 2019

Feast of Trumpets September 30, 2019, or maybe the 1st, or whenever.

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.". "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown...

In light of what just happened in Jerusalem with the invalid sacrifice, I was wondering if maybe some of us could come together in spirit on this Feast of Trumpets and recognize a day to honor and have a special dinner, or something to, in unison, declare we do not acknowledge the current events in Jerusalem, and pray directly to the God we serve, protection from the coming darkness that appears to be headed our way.

I know that most of you Torah guys probably already do something, I'm just wondering if we could put together something that we as a group of believers could do something together.

Just curious. By all means if someone has a better idea, we can do that instead, as long as we can find something to do together to fight this thing.

1kings 18
36At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: “Lord, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 37Answer me, Lord, answer me, so these people will know that you, Lord, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”

38Then the fire of the Lord fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.

Last edited by a moderator:
HalleluYah! Yes, we are in! Every feast is important and has significance.

Not sure how we can pull something together, even online, but I totally encourage each family to acknowledge the day, spend time in praise and worship and share a special meal together. Wine, honey and fruit are traditional elements central to Trumpets.

And, technically, teruah means 'blowing' or 'shouting' so even if you don't have a shofar, you can make a joyful noise and cry out to Yah!

We'll celebrate the evening of the 29th and the 30th.

I consider remembering all the feast days the same as the command to observe communion, it's something I have remembered, and done for a long time. So at least whenever we observed this feast, I am going to pick Sept 29/30 with @PeteR and have an evening dinner and special day and I plan to read the verses mentioned, and recognize those here who are participating in this particular observance, whichever day or way, because I think we are at a critical point in history, just as Daniel was and as a community call on God to protect us, together.

We will be doing ours starting sunset Monday. May you all have a wonderful and blessed feast. HalleluYah!!

Tonight we had our celebration it was fantastic! Honey bread, chalal bread, pomegranate apples honey, and tons of other foods oh it was sooo good! We had a great msg and fellowship. I am thankful I live in a place where there is a great fellowship of like minded believers.

Attachments

• 20190929_172120.jpg
    20190929_172120.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • Snapchat-1877473290.jpg
    Snapchat-1877473290.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 22
Back