• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Feeling Ignored and Violated

AlexaH

Female
So I am feeling a bit ignored and violated. Hubby and SW went on a run together for job. I tried to reach them several times and neither one of them could answer the phone or even be bothered to pick up their phone. This doesn't sit well with me seeing as I am home alone with all the children and I don't have documentation if anything were to happen to the kids and we needed to make a trip to the emergency room. The violated part is that when hubby and I have been alone I have always made sure that she gets a good night phone call. I'm a little hurt that my feelings on that haven't been taken into consideration.

I'm going to post here exactly what I just commented on another post. It seems this time of year makes feelings stronger and harder to deal with.

Plural marriage isn't easy, and this is a classic example. You have a choice right now. You can choose to forgive them, or not. That sounds simple, but it isn't.

To forgive them means that you remove the root that is trying to grow inside of you. It means that you move forward with the both of them in love and peace. It means that next time it will be that little bit more easy to forgive them when they do something wrong, which they will, because they're human just like you. This is the hardest path, but the most rewarding.

On the other hand, you can continue to let that unforgiveness, anger, and resentment fester inside of you. Let the root grow. Then the next time they hurt you you can add to it, until you're so full of it that you can't see straight any more.

I'm sure that sounds harsh, but I don't mean it to be. Now is the time to step up. Now, when it's hard, when you're hurting, is the time to allow yourself to grow. This is where God works, right here, right now. If you let Him.

I'm going to post here exactly what I just commented on another post. It seems this time of year makes feelings stronger and harder to deal with.

Plural marriage isn't easy, and this is a classic example. You have a choice right now. You can choose to forgive them, or not. That sounds simple, but it isn't.

To forgive them means that you remove the root that is trying to grow inside of you. It means that you move forward with the both of them in love and peace. It means that next time it will be that little bit more easy to forgive them when they do something wrong, which they will, because they're human just like you. This is the hardest path, but the most rewarding.

On the other hand, you can continue to let that unforgiveness, anger, and resentment fester inside of you. Let the root grow. Then the next time they hurt you you can add to it, until you're so full of it that you can't see straight any more.

I'm sure that sounds harsh, but I don't mean it to be. Now is the time to step up. Now, when it's hard, when you're hurting, is the time to allow yourself to grow. This is where God works, right here, right now. If you let Him.

Thank You. Sometimes feelings are hard.

This doesn't sit well with me seeing as I am home alone with all the children and I don't have documentation if anything were to happen to the kids and we needed to make a trip to the emergency room.
The time to draft a power of attorney authorizing you to make medical decisions might be time well spent.

Babysitters don't usually have one though.

Where we live there are many areas with zero cell service.

When I was a kid the Charlie's Angels had a high tech car phone......people used to do without.

After all the years with my hubby I can actually forget what upset me before the end of the day. I realized early on that we only have so many days...so much time.....and I doubt anyone wishes they had another day to be mad at their partner at the end of life. Why waste time upset that you cannot get back?
Along the line of a book title I've seen "Don't sweat the small stuff.....its all small stuff"

Peace and joy....guard those!

The other thing that really complicates life is that even if we all live by the golden rule, differences in our preferences can mean that we don't get treated like we would like.
Gotta even forgive hypocrites if you are going to enjoy life fully....and that's a tall order!

Back