• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Female Member of Kenya Parliament Advocates for Polygamy

That was pretty good. i watched some more of the Related vids and this is turning into a pretty hot topic in Kenya.

As a side note: I'm so glad and appreciate that they speak english (most of the time).

I only got a chance to see this video for about the first 7 minutes or so this morning.

In short, this woman is awesome! Why don't we have more serious public servants like her in this country? I am about to watch the rest right now.

I will walk this back later if the rest of the video proves negative , otherwise, but can we put her on a short list for next BF retreat speaker?:rolleyes:

Okay, finally saw the rest of the video.

The three panelists advocating for polygyny as an option for single mothers or as an overall option for any woman are speaking from a level of practicality. They can't seem to understand how any Christian would think otherwise. Why be pretensious or secretive? Many men (these panelists put the % higher than I would, but that's okay) in the church lead these double lives in secret, but it all comes out as soon as they die. So, why hide it? Let him own up to his responsibilities and her desires for security by letting it just get out in the open ahead of time.

They give level-headed, practical solutions instead of perpetuating a system that DOESNT work. Kudos to these folks.

On a side note: That host is pretty cute and sharp. Hmmm, wonder if she's available. She seemed to agree with most of the pros:rolleyes:

Finally got a chance to watch it myself. Interesting how these ladies have figured it out and their perspectives on the subject. The pro poly folks were surprisingly very unselfish in their approach . . . . Or maybe not so surprising. I kinda thought the woman who was single because she wanted to be was straight up lying to herself.

True. The monogamy advocate was pushing modern tradition, and the others were saying that the traditions of their forefathers worked just fine before the colonizer came and preached another doctrine. They were not denying their Christian faith, just the modern addition that is a LIE.

Back