• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Fenced in by God

So many times in life, we find ourselves surrounded by a fence. We long to see the world at large and have exciting adventures on the other side. But God has said no.

It doesn't take long for us to start resenting the fence ~ and the one who put it there. We question God, "Why have you hemmed me in with this ridiculous fence? Why do you keep me in this one spot where I can't get out to see the world? There is so much out there I could be seeing and doing!"

If we are still and quiet, God will reveal the truth:
The fence isn't there to keep us in.
The fence is there to keep harm out.

If we trust in him, the Lord will show us that he has given us limitations in order to protect us. He sees that the world beyond the fence is full of danger and he longs to keep us safe, where we can grow in the shelter of his care.

As we mature, we gain the ability to appreciate God's boundaries. Sure, he gives us the freedom to leave, if we choose. We can disobey. But it's at our own peril.

If we choose obedience, we are wise.
Because God is for us.
God is with us.
God always knows best.

Pause in this moment and give thanks for the fence. It's a gift.

"Let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."
~Psalm 5: 11

Methinks, sometimes, the fence is indeed there to keep us in. I think of the things which Joseph suffered, of the promise of the Suffering Servant... it made me meditate on the "why" God sometimes seems to allow His leaders to go through suffering at the hands of authority figures. What if it is indeed to keep us in, or to reign us in, when we eventually have authority over others and know through experience the evils that come of people with no sense of restraint?

Just me, but I felt fenced in before I started to understand God.

Paradoxical as it is, I never felt as free until I gave up my freedom and surrendered to His Will.

It has come to our attention that this post was made on the same day by both The Homespun Wife on Facebook, and @Marketingmom here. Which one copied the other is unclear. Given @Marketingmom admits her latest post is also copied from elsewhere (turns out also from Facebook), I can only assume her first post comes from elsewhere also.

@Marketingmom, if there's a good explanation for your posts being just duplicates from other parts of the internet, this is your chance to tell us.

I put what I did not write, everything else I wrote! I appreciate your support! Have a blessed day! Please stay out of my DM’s.

It has come to our attention that this post was made on the same day by both The Homespun Wife on Facebook, and @Marketingmom here. Which one copied the other is unclear. Given @Marketingmom admits her latest post is also copied from elsewhere (turns out also from Facebook), I can only assume her first post comes from elsewhere also.

@Marketingmom, if there's a good explanation for your posts being just duplicates from other parts of the internet, this is your chance to tell us.
I got introduced to polygyny by my current boyfriend. He also introduced me to this site. Just thought it would be a great place to share insights.

If you click your profile photo, select the "privacy" option, scroll down to "start conversations with you" select "nobody." That may block private messages possibly.

@FollowingHim Does it work that way?

Back