• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Finally wanting to say hello

USDutchkitty

Female
Been in the background for a while but hello all!

I am 36 years old, currently in Georgia, grew up in an Air Force family so I've traveled a lot, and even though I have been only actively seeking for two years and I been thinking over the years, especially from my own religious experiences and such, of how PM should be more embracing in modern society. Have there been bad examples and that is why it is stigmatized? Absolutely but it shouldn't discredit those who live it, as God has shown, and be in the same boat and looked down on.

Sorry if I come off hard but just of my personal journey and what I've learned, it just makes me more passionate to have the discussion with others.

Welcome, UDK! No longer live in Georgia myself, but there are Georgia folks in Biblical Families. I pray you can find a way to meet up with them.

Keith

Welcome! We are also in Georgia. There is an active community in South Carolina too. Welcome to the forum. What is your general location in the state?

Welcome, UDK! No longer live in Georgia myself, but there are Georgia folks in Biblical Families. I pray you can find a way to meet up with them.

Keith
Thank you! It has been rather hard to find others in Georgia.

Hi and it's great to read your introduction. Welcome aboard.

Thank you! Didn't know what to put, I have been more used to "hey, you have to advertise yourself as an potential sister wife" that it was refreshing to not to do that and want to be part of the community.

Welcome! We are also in Georgia. There is an active community in South Carolina too. Welcome to the forum. What is your general location in the state?

Thank you, be so glad to talk to others close by! Middle Georgia, close to Macon. In general.

I have been more used to "hey, you have to advertise yourself as an potential sister wife" that it was refreshing to not to do that and want to be part of the community.

No worries here! At the top of every page you see this:

Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

And welcome again!!! :):):D:D:):):cool:;)

Thank you! It has been rather hard to find others in Georgia.

The polyamory community in Atlanta is actually among the more open-minded in the country (Atlanta has long had a big natural foods/hippie/alternative contingent that is much more friendly to Christianity than is the case in most big cities), and all three times I lived in the Atlanta area I crossed paths with Christian triads; there is also a strong pro-polygamy contingent in Atlanta's West End that is decidedly afrocentric, but I always found them to be very friendly once they knew I wasn't going to condemn them. In addition, Landmark Education has a major branch in north Atlanta; we participated in a lot of their workshops, in which we discovered both support for alternative lifestyles and strong Christians, with some overlap between the two (the last time my wife and I had another woman in our lives, we met her at a Landmark workshop).

No worries here! At the top of every page you see this:

Hmmm, @MeganC -- I don't see that at the top of every page; maybe the powers that be think you haven't gotten the message yet. Jicuct, though, ijk. We are indeed officially not a dating site, but it's also useful to know that dating is not prohibited here, either.

Well, I know I'm not dating anyone! :p

The polyamory community in Atlanta is actually among the more open-minded in the country (Atlanta has long had a big natural foods/hippie/alternative contingent that is much more friendly to Christianity than is the case in most big cities), and all three times I lived in the Atlanta area I crossed paths with Christian triads; there is also a strong pro-polygamy contingent in Atlanta's West End that is decidedly afrocentric, but I always found them to be very friendly once they knew I wasn't going to condemn them. In addition, Landmark Education has a major branch in north Atlanta; we participated in a lot of their workshops, in which we discovered both support for alternative lifestyles and strong Christians, with some overlap between the two (the last time my wife and I had another woman in our lives, we met her at a Landmark workshop).

See I have seen, on Facebook mainly, of the polyamory community up there but always they thought I was someone I wasn't so I hate having to put my foot down. Sometimes they would sound offended that I "didn't swing that way". *shrug* Wish Atlanta was so far away, it's two hours one way for me but to know there is a place to talk, that would be execellent!

True, a lot of "polyamory" people are just swingers. Poly = commitment.

Welcome! ^_^

Well, I know I'm not dating anyone! :p
See I have seen, on Facebook mainly, of the polyamory community up there but always they thought I was someone I wasn't so I hate having to put my foot down. Sometimes they would sound offended that I "didn't swing that way". *shrug* Wish Atlanta was so far away, it's two hours one way for me but to know there is a place to talk, that would be execellent!

My time there preceded Facebook and other cesspool social media. Facebook was, Zuckerberg acknowledged in the beginning, designed to make people look bad, and it does its job well. People brag about their own stupidity, so I rarely recommend that anyone do anything with Facebook but see it as a warning for what to avoid.

I recommend old-fashioned direct interaction. I suggested Landmark Education, but that's something for those who have a specific desire to maximize the power of their speaking (most especially the manner in which they speak with themselves, because it's proven self-programming technology), but there are neighborhoods where the mainstream doesn't dominate. To me, a good place to always drop by when I'm in Atlanta is Little Five Points, at the intersection of Euclid and Moreland (Seminole used to extend into this intersection, thus the L5P designation, but decades ago Euclid was rerouted to avoid Seminole and look like it's headed straight across to McLendon). You'll find every offshoot branch of humanity known to personkind, but I swear I never fail to meet someone new with whom I could disclose anything when I go there (my wife and I once lived about 5 blocks away). It's not Jesus Central, but tolerance is the coin of the realm.

My time there preceded Facebook and other cesspool social media. Facebook was, Zuckerberg acknowledged in the beginning, designed to make people look bad, and it does its job well. People brag about their own stupidity, so I rarely recommend that anyone do anything with Facebook but see it as a warning for what to avoid.

I recommend old-fashioned direct interaction. I suggested Landmark Education, but that's something for those who have a specific desire to maximize the power of their speaking (most especially the manner in which they speak with themselves, because it's proven self-programming technology), but there are neighborhoods where the mainstream doesn't dominate. To me, a good place to always drop by when I'm in Atlanta is Little Five Points, at the intersection of Euclid and Moreland (Seminole used to extend into this intersection, thus the L5P designation, but decades ago Euclid was rerouted to avoid Seminole and look like it's headed straight across to McLendon). You'll find every offshoot branch of humanity known to personkind, but I swear I never fail to meet someone new with whom I could disclose anything when I go there (my wife and I once lived about 5 blocks away). It's not Jesus Central, but tolerance is the coin of the realm.

And as we're seeing now, we need tolerance to be shown more than ever. I used to live in Sandy Springs, I was going to college up there back in 2008, and I really liked the area and close by is where I go for my doctor appointments. If I still had the money, I would love to up there but for now, I am content where I am. And less noisy!

Welcome!

Welcome USDutchKitty!

We have a ladies chat on Monday nights 7.30pm Eastern time that you're welcome to join. Chat is at the top of the page.

Back