• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Finally wanting to say hello

We live in Fort Worth now, and I love it here, but I do miss the incredible variety of environments available in Atlanta. The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is larger and far more populated than Atlanta, but many niches available there just don't exist here to any degree. My first four kids were born in Sandy Springs, Tucker, Dunwoody and downtown Atlanta. I also lived in Carrollton, Winston, Douglasville, Lithia Springs, Virginia Highlands, Redan/Lithonia and Alpharetta (twice).

I just wanted to “second” what you mentioned about Little Five Points in Atlanta. When my husband was stationed at Dobbins AFB we loved visiting that part of the city because as you said there were people from such diverse backgrounds, and all that we encountered were so warm, welcoyand open minded. We lived in Marrietta, Douglasville, Smyrna and Villa Rica during the years we spent there.

We can pray that with all of the people leaving California and other states won't ruin Texas. A few friends that live there, things in Austin have started to mirror SoCal. Especially the homeless crisis there.

I live in Austin. Sadly this is true. They voted to cut police funding a while back. They finally voted to end public camping, but they no longer have the police to enforce it.

Not as bad as San Francisco or Portland, yet, but trending in that direction. Austin is the liberal oasis in Texas.

Fortunately for me housing prices are also going the way of California, and I expect to sell mine and cash in before too long and move out to the country or perhaps do the RV thing. Our plans are still fluid.

I live in Austin. Sadly this is true. They voted to cut police funding a while back. They finally voted to end public camping, but they no longer have the police to enforce it.

Not as bad as San Francisco or Portland, yet, but trending in that direction. Austin is the liberal oasis in Texas.

Fortunately for me housing prices are also going the way of California, and I expect to sell mine and cash in before too long and move out to the country or perhaps do the RV thing. Our plans are still fluid.
Kristin and I are considering buying a small property along the river in Llano. There is a whole set of them ranging from under 100K to 149K, one right after another. We were thinking we might buy one and put a Tiny House on it. Perhaps it would be a great little oasis for a number of us to do together as a project. Far enough away from Austin to watch it implode in the distance.

Kristin and I are considering buying a small property along the river in Llano. There is a whole set of them ranging from under 100K to 149K, one right after another. We were thinking we might buy one and put a Tiny House on it. Perhaps it would be a great little oasis for a number of us to do together as a project. Far enough away from Austin to watch it implode in the distance.

An interesting idea. Is there a link to the development? I love the water.

Last edited:

Yeah, a Youtuber I follow is setting up to sell his San Fran house to move to San Antonio, probably, after his wife's VERY successful hair salon went under because of Newsom and the lockdowns. After hearing what his 15-year-old son had to go through with school and all of the CRT into the curriculum? Yeah, the sooner the better.

Sorry. I've been largely absent for a bit. Shalom and welcome.

Been in the background for a while but hello all!

I am 36 years old, currently in Georgia, grew up in an Air Force family so I've traveled a lot, and even though I have been only actively seeking for two years and I been thinking over the years, especially from my own religious experiences and such, of how PM should be more embracing in modern society. Have there been bad examples and that is why it is stigmatized? Absolutely but it shouldn't discredit those who live it, as God has shown, and be in the same boat and looked down on.

Sorry if I come off hard but just of my personal journey and what I've learned, it just makes me more passionate to have the discussion with others.
Welcome! You’re just fine. Feel free to just be who you are called to be. Enjoy your visits. And the conversation are typically great!

Back