• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Finding God in difficult situations

Mikki G.

Female
Hi ladies,

It’s Mikeda. It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. The last time I posted on this forum I was going through a divorce and finding it hard to cope with. As of now the divorce is final. It was finalized 2 months ago. But since then I’ve found myself in another difficult situation. I left my ex husband in December of 2018. Moved back to Oregon and in June of 2019 found myself in a loveless agreement with a guy. Which means we slept together but had no feelings toward each other.

That’s not the horrible part of it. The horrible part of it is that the guy was my best friends former stepson (she divorced his dad and is no longer his stepmom). Now he is of age so that’s not the problem. The problem is that now I’m 4 months pregnant with his baby. (It’s a boy).

Anyways my friend found out and yes she is very angry (which she has every right to be) but in the last 2 months every time I open my Facebook I see messages from her (which are made public) of how I completely tore her family apart (which I didn’t cause she kicked him out of her house and made him homeless) she blames me for her former stepson no longer wanting anything to do with her. She blames me for her other 3 kids being upset cause they can’t see me which she is the one who chose to keep them away from me.

She calls herself a woman of God but she is continuously hounding me and harassing me on social media talking about how I’m such a horrible person. I’m not a horrible person. I made a mistake. For the last 2 months I have been trying to figure out how to see the love of God in this. Because it’s constant ridicule from her and constant cyber bullying.

I’m trying to find the strength through this. God has forgiven me and it’s so hard to be the bigger person in this cause I’ve said nothing against her. I just let her post her rants and take them as they come but they put me under such stress. And I’m finding it hard to find Gods Grace in this. Even though I know he loves me beyond measure but it’s just hard.

I am trying to be happy about this pregnancy. But she posts stuff like “Mikeda you don’t deserve this baby. You’re going to fuck him up so bad. I hope u miscarry him” How can I be happy after reading that. It breaks my heart because ever since I was a kid I’ve wanted kids of my own. And now that it’s happened it makes me cry.

Now I am not excusing anything that I’ve done. I know I made a mistake. A big one but God has forgiven me of that mistake. I’m just trying to find peace in this situation

Sounds to me like ghosting them would be the best route. My advice is delete all your social media so you can't be aware of her attacks and then keep praying. Pray for yourself and this pregnancy, pray for the father of this baby as fathers are so important to children, pray for those that feel hurt that ultimately they would repent, so that our Father would forgive them as we forgive those who wrong us.

And by "them" I mean just the one who is bashing you. I definitely want to add that having the father present is best case scenario if possible.

As of right now he wants nothing to do with the baby. But I have a strong feeling that God can reach him through this pregnancy. He has had such a hard childhood and he feels he wouldn’t be a good father but i think he would do amazing. I prayed from the beginning of this pregnancy that he would be involved and for some reason I have so much peace in that area that I just know that God will come through in that area. I’ve blocked her from my Facebook and my Instagram. I don’t know what is in store for her and I friendship wise but I do pray for her. I just hope she can find it in her heart to forgive me. Even though the forgiveness isn’t for me it’s for her. I don’t want the anger to eat away at her.
And by "them" I mean just the one who is bashing you. I definitely want to add that having the father present is best case scenario if possible.

Back