• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Finding the right one

Rt29palms

It seems this is the hardest part. Have met a few women however most have been pretty crazy, one claimed to be Christian and after a few months told me she was not, another just wanted someone to take care of her kids why she went back to school. How do you find a real, honest Christian women? One that believes in plural marriage, one that really wants a family for life?

Hello there Rt29palms...

I finally gave up on seeking a husband and prayed "Okay Lord, YOU bring the husband You have for me. I give up!" Within one month I met my husband and we became betrothed three days later! It was absolutely orchestrated by the Lord and all three of us recognized that. Eight months after that we had a public covenant commitment ceremony. Our two-year betrothal anniversary is coming up on December 29th, which is cool because we will be at the winter retreat in Florida, which is also where we became betrothed. Ahhhhh...sentimental amazing works of God.

Often times, when we give up our own will, it makes room for the will of the Lord to move. Too often we are in the way for Him to have His way in our lives. I think half the time the Lord is sitting back saying, "Finally, you are choosing to stop your attempts on things and allowing me to move in your life!" It is best to ALWAYS ask that the Lord's will be done in your life rather than numerous attempts at your own will.

I hope this helps. It was a life-changing prayer for me.

In Him,
Deborah

Congrats. I have done the same thing I put it in the hands of GOD, and his will be done. I found the more I looked the harder it became. So my eyes are open however, I am not searching I figure God will make it happen when the time is right.

Back