• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

First time posting :-)

Cheri Q.

Real Person
Female
Hi everyone! I've been a "browsing" member for a couple of years now, always too afraid to stick my neck out there. I'm a single woman, never married with no children and I often wonder if there is anyone else like me in this community. I'm praying about my desire for plural marriage and feeling the need to justify my reasons to myself all the time, although I'm not always completely certain of my reasons. Some days I just feel drawn to it and wonder how in the world can I ever explain this to friends and family if I ever find this kind of love, and am I totally nuts lol!

Anyway, I would love for this to be the year I stop hiding and actually make some friends here. I would love to get to know you ladies and hear your stories. I'm hoping to be able to attend the women's retreat this year :)

Blessings!

Another voice is always welcome, and I applaud the time and quiet consideration you have afforded to your research. Enjoy the retreat, make use of the ladies chat, and post away! Join existing threads and start new ones for discussion.

Best Regards

Welcome Cheri! :)
I'm so glad you decided to say hello.

It can certainly be hard to articulate the reasons one finds polygyny appealing, but many of us here understand the draw it can have.
There is a ladies chat here on Tuesday nights that is a lot of fun. We don't always talk poly, but it's nice to know we have that in common..

I hope you make many friends here.

Jolene

Hi Cheri,

Glad to have another young, single lady in our midst! I am in my 20s and have been part of this community for almost 5 years now and can't imagine my life without the wonderful friends and "family" I've gained from it. Though I've remained single the last 2 years, my Mama and Papa are both on this board and I knew neither of them before coming to Biblical Families. They sort of adopted me, and I adopted them. It's been a wild ride through this journey but definitely worthwhile.

People can and do find real love that comes from sites like this. I'd like to encourage you to be selective and to be careful. There are some amazing men and families on this site. As with any other movement similar to this, you always have some who are a little more outside the box and more on the fringe than others. Establish early what you want and are looking for and DON'T SETTLE! You are a rarity in these circles, and have the power to choose. Choose wisely so you do not become another of the statistics showing divorce is just as rampant in the Christian culture as the secular. Don't jump into anything. Take your time.

As always, join us on Tuesdays for the Ladie's chat at 7pm EST. I usually show up, at least for a little while. So does my Mama, in addition to several of the ladies like JulieB and Eternitee. We have fun and can be serious when we need to be as well.

Look forward to getting to know you better!

CB

CB, thanks so much for introducing yourself to me! I appreciate the welcome and encouragement, and look forward to getting to know you :)

I've been in contact with JulieB through email in the past, and she invited me to join the ladies chat. I've tried before, but I had some trouble shooting issues. I will definitely try again sometime.

Cheri Q.

Taller on my knees said:
Oops! Just realized this is the ladies only board. :shock:Not used to the Tapatalk app yet. I'll leave now, but welcome anyway.:grin:

Ha! No problem Taller on my knees :-D Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure you'll see me on other boards!

My journey thus far? I've been researching Biblical marriage for about 3 or 4 years. I came across BF while browsing online to find out if there were Christians that believe in PM being a marital option that is blessed by God. I had no idea I'd find so many like minded believers! I joined so I could learn more and now I'm feeling ready to participate a bit more :)

Taller on my knees said:
Oops! Just realized this is the ladies only board. :shock:Not used to the Tapatalk app yet. I'll leave now, but welcome anyway.:grin:

You weren't the only one to miss that. It pops up under active topics and allows us to reply... conspiracy! I've made the mistake before and will again, likely until it becomes visible to ladies only =/

Welcome Cheri.

I'm glad you're feeling more comfortable about participating here. I too agree you should try the ladies chat on Tuesday nights, it's a great way of getting to know everyone. If you're having problems then you can post under the ladies chat topic in Ladies only or PM Julie and hopefully one of us can help you sort it. I find with different computers I have to use different options of getting on between Java, Flash, or Mobile. Try all three just in case.

Sarah.

Hi Cheri,
I just thought I'd suggest a way of bringing the topic up with friends or family, should you ever get to the point that you want to do that. We have been reading a book available here on the site that is very good, was written long ago, and is really just talking about the history and philosophy of marriage, though the author makes a great case for polygyny.
The recent post about this book is called Polygamy and Monogamy, and it was posted a few weeks ago. Here is a link to the pdf version available through Biblical Families.
http://www.biblicalfamilies.org/doc/His ... e-1869.pdf

We haven't finished it yet, but really like what we've read so far, and think it would be a great way to get people to look at the subject. When talking to people, have never had much success in getting them to view polygyny positively, but I think that is because most are cowards and don't want to even think differently then their friends.....I'm so likeable it couldn't have anything to do with me. LOL
Anyhow, I hope you figure out the issues with the chat, because it would be great to meet you there.

Jolene

Thanks Jolene. This sounds like a great resource that I will definitely check out. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all in ladies chat as well! I'll try to shoot for tomorrow, if my schedule allows.

And Sarah, thanks for introducing yourself :)

Hi Cheri Q and I want to add my welcome also! We are kinda new too. And I guess you know there is a lot of good info here. Hope you make it to Tuesday chat, we have a good time! There is also the Tennessee retreat coming up, it will be our first. We lived in Minnesota for a couple of years! I loved it! My parents were actually from there..south west area. You can PM anyone you feel comfortable with, especially after you get to know us on chat! This is a great group and very supportive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Cheri Q!

I too would like to extend a warm welcome. So...welcome and total props to you for introducing yourself here! (I'm overdue for an official introduction myself so your courage has inspired me).

I became a part of a plural marriage in my early twenties and though my path has had its ups and downs, I consider it the best decision I ever made. You are in my prayers as you search out God's will for you in this unique relationship choice.

Being a part of the BF community has literally changed my life. So much love... At the risk of seeming like a broken record, I would also like to encourage you to get on the ladies chat. For a long time, I told myself the story that I'm not really into women's events and stuff like that. But since we attended our first retreat last January, and since I've participated in all but one ladies chat since then, I've changed my story. Which brings me to my next repetitive piece of encouragement...if you can, you should come to the retreat in July. I'm already looking forward to some hugs from women I've never met face to face. We are a surprisingly, beautifully normal bunch for a group who has some pretty "out of the box" ideas. Like I said, changed my life.

I'm very glad you "spoke up" here and I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Cheers,
Ginny

PS Feel free to drop me a private message any time!

Welcome Cheri Q! Sorry for being so late to the thread. Life just too busy these days. I am so glad you ventured out and introduced yourself. I hope you find lots of good info here and good fellowship.

Back