• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Florida fellowship weekend (now APRIL 5-7, 2019) - Palatka, FL!

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
So this is happening. Finally. Somewhere between Orlando and the GA border - location to be announced. This will be a very relaxed weekend, likely at a hotel. Save the date, and drop us a note (retreats@biblicalfamilies.org) to get the details. Influencing the location may have a brief window - bribes may be accepted.

Not sure if this is a type of option, Camp Chowenwaw is a state park in Green Cove Springs. Places to stay over night, pool, clubhouse etc.

While Key West will be nice, I can't drive that far. The GA border would serve most of us the best....

I apologize for dropping the ball on this guys. I had expected to do another newsletter by now and inform people, but hasn't happened. So we had very little interest for this, and we've pushed it to April 6-7th, to see if giving 2 more weeks helps. Somewhere between Orlando and Jacksonville (including in either town possibly, at a business hotel with a weekend-deal). If this would interest you, please drop me a direct message, or an email to retreats@biblicalfamlies.org if you haven't yet. It'll be a very casual weekend of fellowship, and perhaps siteseeing. Let me know, and that will help me firm up a location.

I apologize for dropping the ball on this guys. I had expected to do another newsletter by now and inform people, but hasn't happened. So we had very little interest for this, and we've pushed it to April 6-7th, to see if giving 2 more weeks helps. Somewhere between Orlando and Jacksonville (including in either town possibly, at a business hotel with a weekend-deal). If this would interest you, please drop me a direct message, or an email to retreats@biblicalfamlies.org if you haven't yet. It'll be a very casual weekend of fellowship, and perhaps siteseeing. Let me know, and that will help me firm up a location.

Distance and timing will make this one impossible for me unfortunately.

Actually, we are now booked in a hotel on the river near Palatka, FL (south of Jacksonville), April 5-7th. I will be bringing my boat, and giving rides - weather should be great, hopefully not too windy. This will just be a fellowship weekend, with plenty of time to share and hear what God is doing with everyone, and pray for each other, with a little worship. If you requested info by email, it should now be in your Inbox (search "retreats@biblicalfamilies.org" or "Palatka"!) If you don't have it, send me a private message here (click my name, "Start a Conversation") and I'll send it that way. Hope to see a few of you then!

<wife> and I are going to drive down and looking forward to it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally wish we could be there, but that weekend is already booked for final prep before heading to Israel for two weeks... gonna miss all you wonderful peeps...

I'm making plans to attend. I'll be driving down from Pennsylvania with a new friend (and potential family member), arriving Friday afternoon and staying through the weekend.

Maybe I can partially make up for lately having gone pretty much dark on the web site.

God is good. Life is good. Biblical Families is good.

I'm making plans to attend. I'll be driving down from Pennsylvania with a new friend (and potential family member), arriving Friday afternoon and staying through the weekend.

Maybe I can partially make up for lately having gone pretty much dark on the web site.

God is good. Life is good. Biblical Families is good.
Have you connected with @Pacman ? You may be within driving distance.

Keith: cool, we'll be small, but looking forward to having you join us.

Back