• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request For a godly virgin woman

Wrong prayer :).
Pray that God will send you the perfect woman for you. She might have had a past and come out of that stronger and more focused on God, she might be a widow, there are any number of possibilities. Don't assume that a godly woman has to be a virgin, or that all virgins are godly women.

There is a verse in Scripture that says that if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. I can understand where you are coming from, IF you yourself are a virgin. However, keep in mind that if you are seeking more than one wife, you will not be able to give your virginity to the second wife.

Because a man and a women should be the only ones who know each other that kind of way.
That is a very narrowminded point of view. Nor does it actually make complete sense.
What about a woman who's husband has died? She had sex only with her husband in her marriage. Would she not be allowable by you now?
What about a woman who was raped when she was younger? Something that was no fault of her own. Is she now off limits?
We live in the real world. While I agree that you don't want a woman who doesn't see sex as something that should only be in marriage, or is wanting to sleep around a lot, there are plenty of wonderful godly women out there that could do with a decent husband who are not virgins anymore. It may be that God wishes you to provide for one of them, whom He loves.

But if she’s not a virgin then I’m not dating her.
Lucky girl.
What do you mean ?
She means that if you are so judgemental that you would be unwilling to forgive her for her past sins, as God has forgiven her already, and take her as your wife just as willingly as if she were a virgin, then you'd probably not make a very good husband and she's lucky you rejected her. Please note that I am just translating her statement for you as you failed to understand it, not necessarily saying this myself.

Last edited:
Think about it another way:

WWJM: Who Would Jesus Marry?*

God wants us to be perfect, holy, clean. He is building a holy church as a bride for His Son. However, we are all sinners, none of us are perfect. He does not expect us to have perfect pasts. Rather, He expects us to stop sinning, and He forgives us for the past. Whatever we have done, He forgets it entirely and treats us as if we were perfect and sinless, because He has forgiven us. So we can be part of the Bride of Christ.

Marriage is a reflection of our relationship with God. The husband is to act to his wife just as Christ acts towards the Church. Jesus accepts each of us despite our sinful pasts. And we should accept our wives despite whatever sins they have committed in the past - provided they are genuinely repentant, and genuinely committed to not sinning from this day forward.

Yes, His ideal plan is for each of us to marry virgins. Some of us may marry physical virgins. Others may marry women who are not virgins, but have been forgiven, so in Gods eyes and our own are now treated as if they were virgins.

* I was going to say WWJD: Who Would Jesus Do, but that didn't come across quite right...

That is a very narrowminded point of view. Nor does it actually make complete sense.
What about a woman who's husband has died? She had sex only with her husband in her marriage. Would she not be allowable by you now?
What about a woman who was raped when she was younger? Something that was no fault of her own. Is she now off limits?
We live in the real world. While I agree that you don't want a woman who doesn't see sex as something that should only be in marriage, or is wanting to sleep around a lot, there are plenty of wonderful godly women out there that could do with a decent husband who are not virgins anymore. It may be that God wishes you to provide for one of them, whom He loves.
I’m a young man so why would I expect that my wife isn’t a virgin

Don't expect she is not. Pray that she keeps herself for you, pray that God blesses you with a virgin as a wife.
But don't be so narrow-minded as to assume that you would only ever consider a virgin, because God's plans are much bigger than our own.
There are many hurting women in this world. His plan may be for you to help a woman, or even more than one woman, with a very difficult past. Be open to His plans, whatever they may be, even if they do not conform with your ideal hopes.

It's a trade off. Your expectations might make more sense if you will only get one wife. As a man who is permitted to marry more than one, your first might not be a virgin, but perhaps God might bless you with a second wife who is.

Jesus taught His disciples to pray, saying, "And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors."
He explained that attitude of forgiveness saying; “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."
Worth keeping in mind as you pray. Cheers

Touching on forgiving sins; I've not seen anything in the bible indicating that pre-marital sex is a sin, or that the woman who has done so has committed any sin at all. Can anyone cite anything showing pre-marital sex to be a sin? Because if pre-marital sex isn't sin, what's to forgive her of?

There are acts involving sexual relationships which are sin that have been mentioned; e.g. prostitution. A woman now saved but who had that in her past would be one needing a partner with a merciful and forgiving heart attitude - like the man, Salmon, who took Rahab as his wife. Cheers

Touching on forgiving sins; I've not seen anything in the bible indicating that pre-marital sex is a sin, or that the woman who has done so has committed any sin at all. Can anyone cite anything showing pre-marital sex to be a sin? Because if pre-marital sex isn't sin, what's to forgive her of?
When a man sleeps with a virgin, he is to marry her (if her father allows). If they did not marry, they have sinned by abandoning each other and not fulfilling this requirement. The sex itself was not sinful, but the failure to follow the sex with marriage is sinful. They need forgiveness for this.

Back