• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request For a godly virgin woman

I don't want to derail this thread but I think it's important we understand the passage correctly which is being referred to here.

The reference is from 2 Peter 3:9; The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

In context, Peter is writing to refute the notion that God is slack concerning the promise of the Second Coming of our Lord. The time is part of God's redemptive plan; the salvation of sinners. A check of the Greek grammar reveals that the words "us", "any", and "all" are referring to the same people. They are those of the same redemptive situation as Peter himself. God is longsuffering, so once all of "us" have come to repentance, He will exercise divine wrath and judgment; Christ will return. Not one of God's people will perish. This passage is not a proof text for God being unable to fulfil His will. It actually proves the exact opposite. Shalom
So it IS Yah’s will that people perish?
I’m confused.

So it IS Yah’s will that people perish?
I’m confused.
According to that passage it is not His will that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. So the Second Coming is timed by Him to ensure all of the "us" group of people come to repentance. He is timing events to accomplish His sovereign will - which ensures the redemption of "all" of "us".

According to that passage it is not His will that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. So the Second Coming is timed by Him to ensure all of the "us" group of people come to repentance. He is timing events to accomplish His sovereign will - which ensures the redemption of "all" of "us".
So you are saying that it is His will that those who perish......perish.

I get it that you are correct about the ones specifically referred to in the passage that I used. I concede that.
That doesn’t address the others that are perishing around us.

I get it that you are correct about the ones specifically referred to in the passage that I used. I concede that.
That doesn’t address the others that are perishing around us.

I was only seeking to clarify the passage you were referring to. Thank you for acknowledging the clarification. Cheers

So despite the fact that I pulled a verse out of context, Yah’s omniscience does not control the paths of people’s lives. He definitely affects people’s lives, and the more that they pray for His will to be done in their lives, the more permission He has to act on their lives.
How many testimonies have you heard about a wayward child being brought up short by Him because of a praying parent? The parent has the authority to give Yah permission to go beyond the parameters that He has set for Himself in regard to our free will.

All this to say that women are not like a basket of puppies that Yah hands out to those who expect one. And I am speaking to every man looking for a wife, whether the first one or the fifth one.
He could very well be calling one to you who, for one reason or another, is choosing to not follow His leading. It could be something as simple as Him arranging circumstances for you both to meet and one if you gets inebriated the night before and sleeps in the next day instead of going to the function that you were planning to be at. Missing a Devine appointment.

I want to clarify something @James337, because we may have come across overly critical here.

That is actually an entirely reasonable prayer. The ideal woman to find is a godly virgin, and it is perfectly reasonable to pray to find the ideal. Furthermore, if you recognise that your future wife already exists, you can start praying for her today. Pray for her welfare, pray God protects her from the temptations of the world. And certainly pray that she keeps herself pure for you - not just for your own pleasure / preference, but rather because if she can marry as a virgin and be with you for the rest of her life that will simplify her own life and make it better than it would have been had she gone through a more messy path before reaching you.

That statement threw this entire conversation. Although it is entirely reasonable to desire your wife to be a virgin, to rule out dating all women who are not virgins is an entirely different matter and does not reflect God's forgiveness. That's what most of us called you out on.

But do continue to pray for what is ideal, and most importantly for the welfare of the woman (women) who is already out there and whom God has planned to be your wife (or wives). Just don't decide you will ONLY consider that ideal, or you might actually miss the very woman God has actually lined up for you. Life is not ideal.
I'm reminded of Hosea, whom YHVH instructed to marry a prostitute...

Additionally in Hosea, The Lord says that although the women had become prostitutes and adulterers, He would only hold the men accountable, for what they had let happen. It’s also a fair argument that prostitution is not just physical (much the same as circumcision), and The Lord places much value in the intent of the heart. Our flesh will always fail, but God is the searcher of men’s hearts. The point is that virgin or no, anyone made clean by The Lord is absolved of all sin!

Additionally in Hosea, The Lord says that although the women had become prostitutes and adulterers, He would only hold the men accountable, for what they had let happen.
It has been discussed here that the men are instructed in scripture to not prostitute their daughters or let their daughters be temple prostitutes. There really isn't much by way of judgement on the woman that turns to that, as it was usually out of necessity. The judgement was on the men in that society.

It is moreover on all the men, not just the fathers of those daughters/husbands of the adulterous wives, because where there is demand, there is supply. The entire community in that scenario was a giant mess of sin begetting sin, where no one was innocent, though the men where held accountable. And from what I have come to understand (please correct if need be) is that women where only severely punished if they posed a serious threat to the community through their sin, or could not (would not) be reconciled, at the choice of the one who had authority over her.

Another finer point in Hosea is judgement specifically. I was meditating on what judgement truly means instead of this topsy-turvy view today that being “judgemental” hurts all the snowflakes feelings. It seems that The Lord’s judgement is always immediate. If you sin, you will face immediate judgement via physical or mental, or emotional consequence. So, if a woman turns to fornication or prostitution, her body will show signs of sin as given examples in the Bible (acne, bad complexion, hair loss, excessive bleeding, barren, etc). I’ve known many women in sin who look like swamp trolls at 30 years old. (Not just women, but for the sake of this threads topic). Could be why there’s no need to us to judge others...God has already placed His judgement on this world and His creation obeys. Amen!

if a woman turns to fornication or prostitution, her body will show signs of sin as given examples in the Bible (acne, bad complexion, hair loss, excessive bleeding, barren, etc). I’ve known many women in sin who look like swamp trolls at 30 years old.
My mom once had an interesting conversation witnessing in a way while conversing with some hookers in jail. One of them was sure she was the oldest there....but my mom, who looked much younger had her beat by ten years.
Yes, judgment doesn't wait. It is ongoing.

My mom once had an interesting conversation witnessing in a way while conversing with some hookers in jail. One of them was sure she was the oldest there....but my mom, who looked much younger had her beat by ten years.
Yes, judgment doesn't wait. It is ongoing.

In her last years my mother was often mistaken for being my grandmother. What you said here holds true when we look at the world.

Back