• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support For Men Facing (or have faced) Divorce

Sorry to hear this. I’ll be praying for you all. Glad to see you guys trying to handle it patriarchally.

Let me know if you’re coming thru this way. Would love to see you guys again

I sent you a message on messenger

Yeah, what part of Texas? Obviously, if he is doing everything in his power right now to save the marriage, it would be most honoring to God, to give him another chance, but we all know how women are often ruled by their own feelings. What I know about women, is that it is better for them to take the correct action, regardless of their feelings, and their feelings will eventually follow their obedience to God. I have four sisters. One of them had two choices of men to marry. I advised her to marry the one she didn't feel chemistry for, because from what she described, he had solid character. She did, and the chemistry between them blossomed.

We will be in the Sulphur Springs area

OK. I'll be praying.

She did, and the chemistry between them blossomed.

Did it reach the same heights of the chemistry she had with the other option?

But what if the husband is the one that caused the wife to consider divorce, by how he treats her so on and so forth and she's given him chance after chance after chance and Now does not love him and it has woken him up and he's doing everything in his power to save the marriage but she has lost all love for him.

I ask this because this is exactly what is going on in our daughter's life right now and we are going to Texas this afternoon to talk to both of them.

This is the hazard for love-based marriage (as opposed to patriarchal headship); when love goes so does the marriage.

I will be praying for you. I hope you can help them save it.

I haven't read all the replies yet. But what if the husband is the one that caused the wife to consider divorce, by how he treats her so on and so forth and she's given him chance after chance after chance and Now does not love him and it has woken him up and he's doing everything in his power to save the marriage but she has lost all love for him.

I ask this because this is exactly what is going on in our daughter's life right now and we are going to Texas this afternoon to talk to both of them.
This is hard to hear but there is no Biblical provision for a woman to divorce her husband. The most she can do is separate herself and remain single. Wives aren’t under any obligation to love their husbands anyway so the stated complaint is simply irrelevant.

1 Corinthians 7:11 KJV But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

What if he breaks covenant?

Leviticus 6:1-5 KJV And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, (2) If a soul sin, and commit a trespass against the LORD, and lie unto his neighbour in that which was delivered him to keep, or in fellowship, or in a thing taken away by violence, or hath deceived his neighbour; (3) Or have found that which was lost, and lieth concerning it, and sweareth falsely; in any of all these that a man doeth, sinning therein: (4) Then it shall be, because he hath sinned, and is guilty, that he shall restore that which he took violently away, or the thing which he hath deceitfully gotten, or that which was delivered him to keep, or the lost thing which he found, (5) Or all that about which he hath sworn falsely; he shall even restore it in the principal, and shall add the fifth part more thereto, and give it unto him to whom it appertaineth, in the day of his trespass offering.

What if he deceived?? end of v.2
What if he sweareth falsely?? v.3
Can I make him restore? v.4
Because: "he hath deceitfully gotten," middle of v.4
Can I do v.5??

He is NOT fulfilling the marriage covenant.

I look forward to everyone's comments.

I fail to see how that passage applies to marriage.

And I seriously doubt she upheld her's either. No one is perfect. But Paul in 1 Cor 7 doesn't make his directions to the wife to remain in marriage contingent upon his performance. And certainly not upon her continued feelings of eros for him.

1 Peter 3:1 instructs wives to submit even to an unbelieving husband... that says a lot.
Ephesians 5:24 instructs wives to submit to their husbands in everything, like we the church are to fully submit ourselves to Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:3 says Christ has Headship over the man, and the man has Headship over the woman.

I’ve heard of a wife using 1 Timothy 5:8 as an excuse to “divorce” her husband... saying that since he isn’t providing enough for the family he is worse than an unbeliever and therefore she shouldn’t be unequally yoked with him anyways (2 Corinthians 6:14) ....
... And I’m like, “uhhhhmmmm but even if he was an unbelieving man, you’re still instructed to submit to him as his wife”! o_O

1 Corinthians 7:11 shows us that even if it’s bad enough that a wife chooses to depart from her husband (“put herself away”, not biblical “divorce”), even then she is not to become another man’s wife. It would be adultery for her to be with any other man since she Biblically remains belonging to her husband. She must remain “single” or could reconcile herself to her husband.

All we know, is that right now, he is trying to do everything he can, to save the marriage. She can leave, but she cannot marry another man while he is alive, if she does so, but while she CAN leave him, she really shouldn't.

1 Corinthians 7:11 KJV But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

What if he breaks covenant?

Leviticus 6:1-5 KJV And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, (2) If a soul sin, and commit a trespass against the LORD, and lie unto his neighbour in that which was delivered him to keep, or in fellowship, or in a thing taken away by violence, or hath deceived his neighbour; (3) Or have found that which was lost, and lieth concerning it, and sweareth falsely; in any of all these that a man doeth, sinning therein: (4) Then it shall be, because he hath sinned, and is guilty, that he shall restore that which he took violently away, or the thing which he hath deceitfully gotten, or that which was delivered him to keep, or the lost thing which he found, (5) Or all that about which he hath sworn falsely; he shall even restore it in the principal, and shall add the fifth part more thereto, and give it unto him to whom it appertaineth, in the day of his trespass offering.

What if he deceived?? end of v.2
What if he sweareth falsely?? v.3
Can I make him restore? v.4
Because: "he hath deceitfully gotten," middle of v.4
Can I do v.5??

He is NOT fulfilling the marriage covenant.

I look forward to everyone's comments.
I have seven daughters. I understand how hard this is to hear but none of that matters.

I was reading the corona virus thread and when I read this...

Todays total:
2 HongKong
1 Philippines
1 Japan
1 France
1 Taiwan
19 Iran
4 Diamond Princess cruise ship, 2 of them Japanese
12 S Korea
12 Italy

and this small numbers and I thought of this thread. In comparison to those total deaths over the whole outbreak (which includes ZERO deaths in the United States), in just the last 24 hours in the US 14 men killed themselves because a woman stole his children from him in divorce.

I don't say that to pick on Steve or any of us concerned about Corona. But I wonder if we are missing a problem right in front of our faces in light of how many wives react to poly being brought up by divorcing their man.

BTW, I had to calculate that stat from scratch from the statistical data as no one has bothered to figure it out. Wiki doesn't even list divorced men as a group of concern for suicide, even though we know such men are at least 8 times as likely to kill themselves as non-divorced men.

My paternal grandfather killed himself rather than allow his children to go through a divorce, and apparently there were some side chicks that precipitated his wife demanding he choose a different career path, which he was unable to find anything career-wise, outside of military service. I never had the chance to meet the man. He was a Korean War veteran. He survived the war, but could not survive the home front.

I was reading the corona virus thread and when I read this...

and this small numbers and I thought of this thread. In comparison to those total deaths over the whole outbreak (which includes ZERO deaths in the United States), in just the last 24 hours in the US 14 men killed themselves because a woman stole his children from him in divorce.

I don't say that to pick on Steve or any of us concerned about Corona. But I wonder if we are missing a problem right in front of our faces in light of how many wives react to poly being brought up by divorcing their man.

BTW, I had to calculate that stat from scratch from the statistical data as no one has bothered to figure it out. Wiki doesn't even list divorced men as a group of concern for suicide, even though we know such men are at least 8 times as likely to kill themselves as non-divorced men.
That’s a real problem, not to be minimized in any way.

I only post the figures so that we can track what is happening outside of China. If they don’t get much worse, we don’t have a problem.

That’s a real problem, not to be minimized in any way.

I only post the figures so that we can track what is happening outside of China. If they don’t get much worse, we don’t have a problem.

No need to defend your posts on corona, I appreciate them. They just got me thinking about the focus difference in our society which we're not immune to. It's like how much people get worked up about natural disasters that randomly kill people, but very few of them, while ignoring fixable problems right in front of there noses.

I have no doubts about it in my own life, but some days it's hard to feel great about poly when you see so many end up in divorce over it.

Back