• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Friend's Marriage

Daniel DeLuca

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
We have friends whose marriage is in serious trouble, and we want to help them put the pieces back together, but we are not sure that they want to, themselves. They are not into the poly lifestyle at all, so that is not a cause of the situation that they are in, but this is a second marriage for both of them, and things have not been going very well lately. We may need to call on @cnystrom and Ruth Ann to help as well, but for the time being, we need to get them to a place where they are willing to work on mending the wounds in their marriage, instead of just quitting.

We have friends whose marriage is in serious trouble, and we want to help them put the pieces back together, but we are not sure that they want to, themselves. They are not into the poly lifestyle at all, so that is not a cause of the situation that they are in, but this is a second marriage for both of them, and things have not been going very well lately. We may need to call on @cnystrom and Ruth Ann to help as well, but for the time being, we need to get them to a place where they are willing to work on mending the wounds in their marriage, instead of just quitting.

I've seen divorce up close and it is both painful and tragic. Your friends will be in my prayers for their healing.

The long-term blessings of sticking with the commitment, including doubling down on being committed to making the relationship fresh and passionate every single day, falling in love over and over again and knowing that it is God Himself who relishes every joy a couple can squeeze out off their existence together, always overshadow the remote possibility that something good will come from giving up.

Marriage is awesome! But to stay happy in your committed relationship you really have to refuse to nurture DOUBTS.

Those I think are the biggest killer of marriages.
Once someone let's a seed of "Maybe I made a mistake" germinate the work to remove it is ongoing.

I pray your friends look at each other and see each other truly with the help of holy spirit. Investing your life in an imperfect human being when you are just one yourself, takes leaning on God. I hope they can do that together.

Back