• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

From the Tall Grass Prairie

Jim an Apostle

Real Person
Male
Jim here,
I re-visited the idea of PM a couple of years ago, and after careful study and prayer, the revelation of its relevance for today was made clear to me. I have a second wife and we three are very happy. We are newly weds to the SW but mature in the faith, married 43yrs to FW.

The basic concepts on this website are the same as mine. I found this website after making the commitment to a second wife. I was very pleased to find like minded brethren seeking truth on this level.

I pastor a small church of Kingdom minded people. I enjoy Bible study, and have written about 20 books on Biblical topics. I also play Bass guitar, sax, drums. Carpentry was my trade, as well as 9 yrs as a Firefighter.
We are planning on making the Tenn. retreat. look forward to meeting you there!

Hi and welcome! I'm so glad you're going to the retreat already, what a great way to start to get to know everyone :).

Welcome aboard! See you in Tennessee!

Welcome, Jim. Something tells me you and Andrew are going to have a lot to talk about..... :) Especially if he brings the boys along.

Welcome, Welcome. Glad you're here. I'm not sure exactly what defines the Tall Grass but I think we're on the edge of it in NE OK

It's so nice to have more plural families joining! I love reading the different perspectives on here. It's always so helpful to me.

Welcome aboard, and I am also glad you're heading to the retreat. The forum is great, but it's a poor substitute for face-to-face fellowship. You'll meet many great people there.

I can't wait to hear about a church that accepts biblical marriage!

Our church is very unique. I do not know of any other place or where truth is pursued and practiced so fervently. We are small. the closer you get to pure truth the fewer the people that are willing to follow. It is the commitment to the Kingdom of God that is the glue keeps it together to the extent we have been able. We understand that the Kingdom of God is not just theory but it is practical and real. This means a recognition of gifts and callings in people and enough faith to allow them the corresponding authority that goes with their gift and calling when properly exercised in maturity and submitted to the higher gifts and callings.

The proper demonstration of authority is demonstrated by the proper demonstration of the "parent child relationship." this applies to parents and children, husbands and wives, employers and employees, and church leaders to those they are leading. even our relationship to God is that of a Father to His children. Yes He is God He is boss and has the ability and the right to make us know that, but His love takes into account our maturity as He teaches and corrects us. Until the church returns to the biblical pattern of authority for the Home and the Church, we will never implement the Kingdom in a practical and meaningful way.

God is a King! Not a dictator! the difference? Although its authority and rule is the same, the King rules for the benefit of those in His Kingdom not for his own selfish ends (especially at their expense). We are to be Kings! Every Home should be a miniature Kingdom. every local church should be a miniature Kingdom. God does not have a democracy! He has a Kingdom!

Husband or pastor can you act as a King and not as a dictator? Using your authority for the benefit of others yet still acting in authority?

Welcome Jim! Looking forward to getting to know your family.

Welcome Jim, and family!
I really must say, the thought of a fellowship, or church operating as it should, and as you have described your group is truly inspirational.

We are small. the closer you get to pure truth the fewer the people that are willing to follow.

My family were people unafraid to be different, and so many lifestyle choices they made were radical 40 years ago. (Home birth, home school, alternative medicine, rather then a drug for every occasion, no shots)
All through my growing up, and still today, my beliefs often cause others to look at me sideways. (It's funny when you hear back from someone that your neighbors think you are odd. People don't use "peculiar" much these days, but it's close enough to count I think.)

My mom told me long ago, "You may never have a lot of friends, but the ones you have will be the cream of the crop."

I've thought many times, contemplating the scarcity of people that actually include me as a friend, that there must not be much cream out there! Lol. But all kidding aside, it is as you said, the commitment to the Kingdom that keeps people in fellowship, while they figure out details of doctrine. My biggest frustration has always been people that will disagree with a belief, but will not (or cannot) give a scriptural reason for why.

Here is a poem I remember liking.

• OutwittedHe drew a circle that shut me out —
    Heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.
    But Love and I had the wit to win:
    We drew a circle that took him in!
I'm looking forward to fellowshipping someday with everyone in the big circle, when man made doctrines are a thing of the past, and am very encouraged whenever I hear of people enjoying that heavenly kind of unity now.

Thanks again for sharing!

Back