• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Fullness of the Gentiles?

pebble

Hello.

I already came across this a number of times... "fullness of the Gentiles."

Does it mean all Gentiles must accept Yeshua/Jesus as savior or that the full number of Gentiles who were predestined to know and accept Yeshua/Jesus as savior have done so?

Thanks.

It would have to mean those who are chosen, as there will always be those in opposition.

The chosen ones?

Well, that opens up a lot more questions.

Like, are we chosen before we are born (Jeremiah 1:5)? But I assume that's only for special people such as prophets. But, then again, how do we know if we are prophet material or not?

And then, the 1 out of 99 sheeps, are the sheeps the sum of all people or only those who are chosen?

Anyway, sir, thanks.

God even chose you before you were born. That's how much He loves you.
Ephesians 1:3-14 said:
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.
See also Romans 9.

I know I come at this from a slightly different place, but from my point of view, I think it comes down to desire. If you have the desire to be one of His then just walk the path.

For instance Exodus 12:48 And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land; but no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

Well, I don't know if that helps, but when I read that verse and others where it talks about strangers attaching themselves to Israel, it makes me more comfortable. It tells me that the desire that a stranger has only needs to have obedience added to it, and then he is no different than the blood descendant of Jacob (and in this day I am not sure that anyone really could be sure they aren't a blood descendant).

Another chapter I think of is Isaiah 56.

Sir and Ma'am, I would like to assure you that everything that you post here helps. I appreciate the time and effort spent to make all the pieces fit together.

The why me and why now is no longer such a puzzle as a lot of pieces has and continues to turn up.

When the melo hagoyim the fullness of the nations comes in...see Genesis 48:19 and Romans ch 11...they became the 10 tribes of non Jewish Israel that filled the nations. When the 10 tribes return to the Olive tree the kingdom will be restored and ready to commence for 1,000 years. Shalom

moshe said:
melo hagoyim ...Genesis 48:19 and Romans ch 11

Thanks sir. Although there is the question again if "fullness" means all the people who carry the genes of the 10 tribes.

Shalom Peeble...well when we fill our car with gas, the tank has no more room for any other substance. The collective term for the northern kingdom the house of Israel, was Efrayim, like the collective name for the southern kingdom was Judah even thouigh it was composed if 3 tribes. In Deuteronomy 1:10-11 we see that although 3-4 million Israelites left Egypt, Moses prophesied that promise; that YHWH would multiply that slave lot by 1,000 which = 4 billion people. So today 4 out of 6 people have Israelite DNA, surely the fullness of the nations, even though they may not know it.

Those with no Israelite DNA, 2 out of every 6 (roughly), true gentiles, still become part of the Olive Tree, the Commonwealth of Israel, as per Ephesians ch.2 James knew all this in his GENERAL epistle as seen in Yaakov/James 1:1. Hope that all helps!

Which brings us back to seeing 'gentiles' referring to essentially the whole world. And as not all will be saved, this term must refer to those within the gentiles that are predestined for salvation.

Right Samuel and still the seed of Israel fills the nations/gentiles and most Israelites today have no clue who they are; yet our Messiah in Yochanan-John ch 10 says he has 2 flocks of Israel, before the cross and he will make these 2 houses of Israel one again. The true gentiles as seen in Ezekiel ch 37 are the "chaverim" or friends YHWH adds to the 2 houses/sticks. But in the end of our 4 billion Israelites and 2-3billion gentiles as you say a remnant is saved according to chesed/grace as per Romans 11:5. Omein!

moshe said:
Hope that all helps!

Everything do help, sir.

Romans 11:5 and Romans 9:27

Only a predestined remnant...

... a predestined majority falls. Just thinking out loud.

Back