• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Genesis 30:18

When I pointed that out to my former Pastor he didn’t like it very much lol
I didn't point it out to anyone yet but I liked it very much. :)

to quote @GunnarR he got “biblical whiplash” it was a rather interesting reaction if I recall correctly. This was over a year ago so I don’t remember specifics...

Is she speaking from certain revelation, or supposition?

Is she speaking from certain revelation, or supposition?
Either way, the Scriptures bear no record of God correcting or denying the atribution. Seems He would not have let it stand or be recorded if it was false.

Either way, the Scriptures bear no record of God correcting or denying the atribution. Seems He would not have let it stand or be recorded if it was false.
Understood.

I've read that verse and never thought of it that way. I'm glad Chris pointed it out. It's a nice find. I just see it as a secondary or tertiary level of support verse as compared to a bonified prophet like Nathan speaking to David or Moses recording law. It's my preference but I see your point.

When you start stacking up verses like this, one on top of the other, throwing in Gen 20:6, for example, you get some interesting shrugs from people.

Back