• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

God is Bigger...

Froggie

It comes up often in friendly conversations with new friends, co-workers, or just strangers I might meet in the park: "You only have two boys? Why not more? Why did you stop at two?" I had one such conversation with a co-worker today, and after telling her my reasons for only giving birth to two children, and about my recently "adopted" God-children, it occurred to me that this would be a good place to tell this story too.

So the facts are thusly: Shortly after Jax was born, Mr. Froggie set out to start his own business. He was also just being diagnosed with fibromyalgia at that time. Due to self-employment, we were going to lose our health insurance. We could not afford birth control pills, nor could we afford to have another child just yet. We felt it would be terribly irresponsible of us to have another child, planned or not, if we could not adequately pay for the birth and the care of the child. So I, with great faith in the Lord's power, agreed to have the surgery to end my fertility. I knew if it was the Lord's will for me to have more (and the Lord knows I wanted more), He would make it happen. (It just so happens Mr. Froggie felt our family was complete, and did not want anymore children).

A couple of years ago, I was feeling rather down in the dumps because I was again longing for another child-- I was even looking at adoption websites! Unfortunately, our work hours would have made it impossible to adopt a child, nor did we really have the money for adoption fees and court costs, etc. My advanced age disqualifies me for either a reversal or invitro. Mr. Froggie saw my longing and agreed to let us adopt another dog. Oddly, that has satisfied me!

But just recently we became a plural family, complete with five more children-- four of them girls--- It occurred to me today that God answered my fondest prayer in a way I never would have expected, lol!

That is such an encouraging story! I too suffer from fertility and health issues which make having more children a definite issue but I too have become part of a plural family and they have 4 children one of which arrived after my children and I got here, God absolutely always knows the answer even when we don't ask the right questions.

Back