• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat God the Father - a polygamist

Verifyveritas76

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
In other threads, we, as a group, have discussed several passages where the Father has presented himself as being married to more than one woman simultaneously.

Jeremiah 3:6-14. Married to both Israel and Judah. Divorced Israel and cautions Judah, then mentions that he will be married to both again.
Ezekiel 23:1-4 Mentions that He is married to two women, the daughters of one mother. Aholah, (Samaria) the Elder and Aholibah ( Jerusalem) her sister.

These both tie together with the passage from Isaiah 11:13 which says “The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.” Ephraim is here the picture of the first wife and Judah the second. Each of them have listed the primary stumbling block that wives of a plural family have to grow past.

In scripture, specifically after the tribes separate into two entities under Rehoboam, the Ten Northern Tribes and the Two Southern Tribes were known respectively as Israel, and Judah, (as in Jeremiah 3) On occasion, scripture refers to these two groups of Tribes by other descriptive names such as Ephraim and Judah, after the two leading tribes in each group respectively (as in Isaiah 11:13) and Aholah (Samaria) and Aholibah (Jerusalem) after the capital cities of each group.

I was reading tonight and just ran across another reference to this fact of the Father being a husband to more than one wife. Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was a husband unto them, saith the Lord:

And that covenant is?

And how does that pertain to each wife as individual wives?

Incidentally, today's Torah portion is Vayetze, Genesis 28:10-32:3. Jacob received a vision from Messiah then is given four wives to fulfill it!

@Pacman, and @Robhar help me with assembling and publishing a weekly commentary focused on patriarchy,headship and family structure.. this audience will really glean much from this week's offer: https://natsab.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/07-vayetze.pdf

To that end,

I am a former pastor. Seminary trained and ten years in the pulpit. About the eighth year God started showing me some things related to how we are to love Him. Specifically, I began to understand that the old testament laws were still valid. Because I love prophecy, I had to pursue the prophetic implications of this and it led me to really understand prophetically what the Scripture say about the Millennial Kingdom, who is in it, hoe it comes together, etc.

In an interesting parallel, God began to teach me that the patriarchs were perfectly okay with multiple wives, something HE never condemns, even if church doctrine does. When I understood that, prophecy really opened up because clearly, by His own Word, He has two brides.

Talk about WOW!

So, this is a critical topic and I personally believe that it is not possible to rightly understand Scripture and prophecy while holding a monogamy only framework.

Just posted that link to my FaceBook with a slight disclaimer. It will be interesting to see what happens. I’ve already had a couple of posts in the last few weeks that triggered a few in the family.

Just posted that link to my FaceBook with a slight disclaimer. It will be interesting to see what happens. I’ve already had a couple of posts in the last few weeks that triggered a few in the family.
Bring it! ;)

Paradigm shifts in truth are not easy and, as you well know, many either can't or take a long time to get over the hump. The key is a steady patient drip of truth, especially when it comes from different sources.

Blessings on your journey and thank you for faithfulness to where the Scriptures lead.

I was wondering, does God have a first and second wife designation?

If I speak of first and second wives, I'm speaking chronologically, not in terms of value or rank.

None of which applies to Judah and Israel considering they split from 1.

I like @rockfox 's answer, however if you were to draw the order from Scripture, the root is in Jacob. He married Leah, aka Judah, first, then Rachel, aka Joseph/Ephraim.

And, though the double portion and blessing were given to Joseph, it was Joseph, aka Ephraim/house of Israel that was put out of the house for adultery.

Last edited:
Judah had weak a eyes, but Israel had a lovely figure and was beautiful. God was in love with Israel and said, “I’ll work for you seven years in return for your younger daughter Israel”

Very interesting association you have @PeteR.

Spiritual eyes can see many things.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cap your comment exactly proves Scripture and prophecies relating to this thread.

Isaiah 11:13 says, "Then the jealousy of Ephraim will depart, and those who harass Judah will be cut off. Ephraim will not be jealous of Judah and Judah will not harass Ephraim."

Indeed, two brides. The Father will bring them together to walk in peace and cease snarky comparisons, or, those within will be cut off...

Dire warning against fault finding and pleasuring in the weakness of the other. My recommendation is that you cease fault finding w Judah. That job is the husband's alone.

@Cap your comment exactly proves Scripture and prophecies relating to this thread.

Isaiah 11:13 says, "Then the jealousy of Ephraim will depart, and those who harass Judah will be cut off. Ephraim will not be jealous of Judah and Judah will not harass Ephraim."

Indeed, two brides. The Father will bring them together to walk in peace and cease snarky comparisons, or, those within will be cut off...

Dire warning against fault finding and pleasuring in the weakness of the other. My recommendation is that you cease fault finding w Judah. That job is the husband's alone.

You are confused @PeteR, it's not finding fault it's about finding order and respect. Stop trying to force your belief and we will be fine.

My take on this, God has/had two wives, one aquired through legalism, the other through love. The one aquired by love 'hurt' God by running after other lovers so God divorced her. The other through similar activities is estranged, but according to Jerimiah, through the destruction of the earthly Jerusalem, will meet the same fate. However, through resurrection, both wives will become one in Christ and the two will become one and serve God through their husband Christ by faith.

Makes one wonder, sense even God can't keep from a dysfunctional plural family, maybe that explains why it is so difficult for us. It's not to be lived physically, but spiritually?

Sheilds are down. Fire at will. I know you want to.

It's not to be lived physically, but spiritually?

Are you saying that we should not seek out marital polygamy but instead spiritual polygamy through the unity of the church?

Are you saying that we should not seek out marital polygamy but instead spiritual polygamy through the unity of the church?

Not at all, it just seems to me that, yes polygamy is the correct order of things however even God, and for the most part all of scripture shows, that polygamy is not an easy thing. There is not one 'and they lived happily ever after'. And I am just wondering if the real intention is for us to understand it spiritually, and not focus on the physical. Just wondering.

I’d say that spiritual things are given to us to understand how best to live the physical, just as physical examples are given to help us understand how best to live the spiritual.

This was one of the arguments against poly when I had my meeting with the pastor and deacons. “Yeah, but thats a spiritual marriage!” I should have responded, so is Christ and the church, and I think somewhere in Ephesians 5 we’re supposed to love our wives that way! No more touching for you, mister. Only spiritual intercourse for you, to infinity and beyond!

Back